Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:59 PM
showme 22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Uberti Stallion

Just returned from gun show in St.Charles ,Mo. and have some questions about a Uberti Stallion 22 / 22mag Saa revolver that came home with me.
1. How can I tell how old this unit is ? It came in a Red cardboard box with the word Stallion and a drawing of a horse head.The end label states it is a Stallion single action revolver with 6 1/2 inch barrel and correct serial number . The cylinders have the correct numbers and the gun looks to be in excellent condition.Very tight lock-up.
2. serial number is P12xx and there are roman numerals XXVI on the loading gate side of the beautiful case hardened frame.
3. It has a ramp front sight and very nice adjustable rear sightsand plain wood(walnut) grips
It looks like it might have spent it's life in a safe ,no marks dings on the wood grips
and no wear on bluing .
Any info about this Beauty would be appreciated.
showme 22
Old 10-05-2019, 08:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats. We have a recently made Cattleman 12 shot 22 LR, the Cattleman being the full size version. It's been a great 22 LR revolver for us. Lockup is tight, timing perfect, great trigger, no leading, even if you shoot it for hours and very accurate. Let us know how our Stallion shoots.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:19 PM
NHcollector

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by showme 22 View Post
Just returned from gun show in St.Charles ,Mo. and have some questions about a Uberti Stallion 22 / 22mag Saa revolver that came home with me.
1. How can I tell how old this unit is ? It came in a Red cardboard box with the word Stallion and a drawing of a horse head.The end label states it is a Stallion single action revolver with 6 1/2 inch barrel and correct serial number . The cylinders have the correct numbers and the gun looks to be in excellent condition.Very tight lock-up.
2. serial number is P12xx and there are roman numerals XXVI on the loading gate side of the beautiful case hardened frame.
3. It has a ramp front sight and very nice adjustable rear sightsand plain wood(walnut) grips
It looks like it might have spent it's life in a safe ,no marks dings on the wood grips
and no wear on bluing .
Any info about this Beauty would be appreciated.
showme 22
Google Italian firearms dates. You will get many of hits back, many charts showing the date codes. I could give you the dat with a 30 second search but you need to see how the search works. The XXVI is the date code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2019, 03:55 PM
showme 22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Uberti Stallion

NHcollector,
Thank You, for that information. XXVI puts it as a 1970 date of manufacture.
Getting ready to go out and try it out.
Thanks Again.
showme 22
Old 10-06-2019, 09:40 PM
showme 22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Uberti

Just got back from trying the Uberti out and Man does thing shoot. Didn't shoot paper, shot small spinner targets at my Cuz/s place. We were both tearing em up.
Took my Colt new frontier and both guns were hitting good . A really good evening
of fun shooting.
The Uberti is definitely a Keeper.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:31 AM
showme 22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
love it

here is a pic :
20191005_194206_Burst01.jpg
Old 10-16-2019, 03:25 PM
Plinkhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What were the asking and selling prices?
Old 10-17-2019, 12:51 AM
showme 22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
uberti stallion

right at $375 ,don't know if it was a bargain but I'm happy so it must have been a good deal'