Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:29 PM
doclu60
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Pics problems

I am able to post pics in the TPC, but over half the time they are upside down. Once in awhile they post right side up. I load and post the same way every time, but some are inverted and others aren't. I have even loaded pics that were upside down thinking they would turn right side up and they STILL post upside down. I have seen this on other sites I visit and it must be a common issue because Benchrest Central has an arrow to turn pics right side up if they are inverted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:19 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (66)
Are you uploading from a mobile device?... I'm not sure if it makes a difference... just trying to imagine what could be doing this.

I'll pass it on to the techies as I've never ran into this.

Sorry for the late reply.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:00 PM
doclu60

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
No problem Jee. Yes, in a way. I go to my pictures in my iPhone and email the pic to myself and then download it into the computer. From there I load the pic from the download to the ad. That was the only way the guy at the Verizon store could figure out how to do it. As mentioned, over on Benchrest Central they have an arrow when you post a pic to 'right' them. Kinda why I thought it may be a common issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2018, 10:00 AM
RFC Tech Support

RFC Tech Support
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey there,

Most pictures these days come straight off our phones. The phone's software embeds some coding into each image when it is taken. This code tells the phone which way is 'up' and displays it correctly for you. Unfortunately, that coding cannot be read by most forum software and so the pictures appear whichever way they were taken with the phone.

There are some tips to get the 'correct' orientation for your photos on your phone.
Android users take photos with the HOME button to the RIGHT.
Apple users take photos with the VOLUME button DOWN.

This is the 'correct' orientation for pictures on your phone. The developers base this off of a DSLR camera that takes photos in landscape mode as a default. So when you take a picture with your phone in portrait view, it's like turning the DSLR camera to the side to take a portrait photo.

You can also open your pictures in an editor on your computer and manually rotate them. If you use an editor on your phone, you may need to crop off a couple pixels, or save a new name so that a change is registered.

You can also use photo hosts like Imgur, etc, that have the software needed to read the coding on the images from the phones.

Niall
Old 07-17-2018, 01:30 AM
doclu60

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Thanks Niall. I have been taking the photos upside down with my iPhone. Taking new ones is no issue. I will replace my downloads with new ones and give it a go after vacation.

Big thanks as well to DrG and Jee for seeing my inquiry through.