Armscor 1500 .22WMR Review - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:33 PM
Hawkmoon
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Armscor 1500 .22WMR Review

There doesn't seem to be much discussion about Armscor rifles on this site. The M1911.ORG on-line magazine did a review of the Armscor 1500 rifle recently, so I thought I'd put up a link to the article.

https://ezine.m1911.org//showthread....500-WMR-Review

I have a sort of morbid fascination with the .22 WMR. I own a couple of Ruger Single Sixes with the magnum cylinder, and I'm hoping one day to be able to afford a Henry lever action in .22 magnum. The one I'd really like to find would be a Taurus Model 73 (the magnum version of the Model 63), but I don't know if they actually sold any of those, or if it was another Taurus "vaporware" firearm that existed only on the pages of their catalog.

Anyway -- enjoy the read on the Armscor.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:30 AM
Sub sailor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
There doesn't seem to be much discussion about Armscor rifles on this site. The M1911.ORG on-line magazine did a review of the Armscor 1500 rifle recently, so I thought I'd put up a link to the article.

I have a sort of morbid fascination with the .22 WMR. I own a couple of Ruger Single Sixes with the magnum cylinder, and I'm hoping one day to be able to afford a Henry lever action in .22 magnum. The one I'd really like to find would be a Taurus Model 73 (the magnum version of the Model 63), but I don't know if they actually sold any of those, or if it was another Taurus "vaporware" firearm that existed only on the pages of their catalog.

Thanks, interesting review of the 1500. I did not even know that Armscor made a 22 mag rifle. It sounds like it may have been discontinued. As to the Taurus rifles, I know that they made a Model 72 (the 22 mag version of the model 62 pump), but I don't know if they made a model 73.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:40 PM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
As for your 'morbid fascination', you should check out Signalman1 on here. He's a 22wmr fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Hawkmoon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub sailor View Post
Thanks, interesting review of the 1500. I did not even know that Armscor made a 22 mag rifle. It sounds like it may have been discontinued. As to the Taurus rifles, I know that they made a Model 72 (the 22 mag version of the model 62 pump), but I don't know if they made a model 73.
I asked. The 1500 is still in production, but it's no longer imported into the United States. Apparently it's very popular in Australia and New Zealand, so that;'s where they send them.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:40 PM
mmpsteve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't believe the Taurus 73 ever made it into production, or at least I've never seen nor heard of one in existence. I have a couple 63's and 72's, and they're pretty solid for the $$ spent.

p.s. I never knew Armscor made a 22 mag rifle
Old 06-03-2018, 08:27 AM
HGWT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Learn something new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

I have a sort of morbid fascination with the .22 WMR. I own a couple of Ruger Single Sixes with the magnum cylinder, and I'm hoping one day to be able to afford a Henry
lever action in .22 magnum. The one I'd really like to find would be a Taurus Model 73 (the magnum version of the Model 63), but I don't know if they actually sold any of those, or if it was another Taurus "vaporware" firearm that existed only on the pages of their catalog.

I did not know they made a wmr rifle, and I've been shooting there ammo for years. If gun is half as good as the ammo it should be right up there with Savage or Ruger.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:25 PM
gunlover_06

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have one of these 22 mag rifles from armscor it is marked squires bingham model 15. I picked it up for $60 dollars and wouldn't get rid of it for 400 I like it that much.
Only thing wrong with it is that the trigger guard is broken and can't find one anywhere it needs a little TLC so thinking of having it re-blued and refinishing the stock also needs front sight which is availabl.

Last edited by gunlover_06; 06-08-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:48 PM
donw

in the high desert of southern kalifphornia
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i have a model 20P Armscor

that is the 22 LR model.

it is a very well made semi-auto; kinda complicated in design, but I have no major problems with it.

I purchased it at a Big 5 Sporting Goods store new for $80.00 IIRC.

I don't shoot it much as it seems impossible to find any parts available for it and there is virtually no aftermarket accessories available that I'm aware of.