Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:33 PM
WNC Man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning BAR 22 advice sought

I recently purchased a Browning BAR 22 that is in very good condition.What type of ammo have other 22 BAR users had success with as well as what brand,power, and size scope has worked well.
Many Thanks,
WNC Man
Old 01-20-2003, 01:43 PM
MikeP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As a result of testing my BAR a number of years ago, among a group of ammo types and manufacturers, I found that Winchester Super X Hollow Points gave me the accuracy I was looking for. I use this round for hunting squirrels, achieving an accuracy of about a half inch at 50 yards. When I use up the batch of
Super Xs that I tested, I will retest to make sure the currently manufactured Super X HPs are just as accurate. If not, it's back to the testing process.

All guns are different, so there is no substitute to testing your gun with the various types of ammo available to you in order to determine what works best for your particular gun.

As far as scopes, I slapped a straight 4X on my BAR, and it has proven to be excellent for hunting. If you wish to shoot more precisely, a higher-power scope may serve you better.

The BAR is an excellent gun. The trigger, especially for an automatic rifle, is outstanding, and I have found the BAR to be reliable and, as already noted, very accurate. I hope you do as well with yours as I have experienced with mine.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:57 PM
PigPen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MikeP said it all and well. My experience is the same in every respect.

PigPen