TC Encore Pro Hunter - EABCO rimfire barrel? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:12 PM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
TC Encore Pro Hunter - EABCO rimfire barrel?

Does anyone have first hand knowledge or experience with a TC Encore Pro Hunter with an EABCO aftermarket .22lr barrel being used? I'm just wondering how accurate these barrles are. They claim to be a premium air gauged barrel with a match chamber. Since I already have a new Encore Pro Hunter I'm thinking of getting a rimfire barrel for it. I'm also sitting on a brand new Leupold VX-2 4-12x40 AO scope and it seems like a good match up. Comments? Thanks.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:00 PM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
No one's had an EABCO barrel?

Hard to believe no one on here has tried one? Guess I'll be the first to find out?
Old 09-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Ledslnger

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I like Encores and rimfires, but have yet to combine the two. Good luck and have fun! 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016, 12:23 AM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I went to the local gunshow this weekend, and there was a TC guy there.
My dad also had a table, so I ran over to grab some $ and purchase a .35 Rem Super 14 at a good price.

Had a Super 16 in .35 rem, took 2 deer with one shot each. But it looked a little too short in rifle, and too long in handgun, so sold it the week before.

Love the .35 Rem...........figured whatever deal I could get on .357 or .35 rem.......for handgunning deer.

Anway, pops starts blabbing about his TC stuff...........and yup, he has a TC Encore .22 rf bbl. Think it's never been fired. He said they offset the chamber on them.

He talked about maybe selling it, but he's retired and likes to stir things up.

I had issues with my "custom" .22rf bbl (made from 513 T bbl). Either misfires with reg .22 lr stuff (match chamber a little short, dunno what ammo ol Fred reamed it for - died a couple of yrs ago). To get around that I found some WW shorts. Figured squirrel it.

Misfires continue, usually no dent. That means interrupter (need to lap locking bolt).

But this .22 rf bbl was slapped on the frame that was set up with .35 rem rifle bbl.

So I put it on the other frame I have. ill test fire it tomorrow.

Even if all works fine, it's still a .22 short rifle until I get somebody to ream it a little more. WW powerpoint (when it went off) cloverleafed at 50.

.22 shorts weren't great, but not horrible either (at 25). CB shorts were pretty bad.

Thought about dumping bbl/stock..........but man it's a cool rifle. I gotta try to get it running right. Old Fred was a good dude. Like to pop some squirrels with his old bbl (it's on his old frame at the moment too).
Old 09-25-2016, 11:29 AM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Swapped over to other frame. 4 misfires in 40+ rounds.
Change the hammer spring and I bet she runs flawless.
Ordered some from Bell M.

Changing both old TC frame's hammer springs
Old 10-30-2016, 07:16 AM
doc-and

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I shoot an EBCO barrel but it's in 22 K-Hornet, Great shooter and very accurate.

But I also shoot a 22lr in a custom MGM barrel with a match chamber

This frame/barrel combo uses a Stratton Customs Rimfire Conversion kit and shoots a whole lot better than I can do with it Target was shot at 50 yards.

Darryl