Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:45 PM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Contender 45acp

This one is kinda neat,,,but not too practical.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-bullberry-.../331756622915?

Old 01-18-2016, 05:57 PM
JohnAcman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree. I have a 10" 45acp barrel that is pretty much useless.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:24 AM
Richard King
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a original 45 ACP TC barrel, that I bought back in the 90's for load development.

This was years before the net became a factor in gun/parts sales. He use to advertise original TC parts, in one of the gun papers. It wasn't Shotgun News, but a monthly with a similar format. Wish I still had the TC with the 45 ACP barrel. He told me at the time, that TC didn't make a lot of barrels chambered in 45 ACP. Don't know if that was BS, or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2016, 12:27 AM
Flynmoose

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I had MGM make a 12" 45 ACP barrel for my G2, really rings the gong!
FM
Old 01-19-2016, 01:12 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
The nicest thing about it is you can lose the chopped up barrel and forearm, then make a real pistol out of it again.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:02 AM
n64atlas

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a 10" octagon 45acp barrel as well as barrels in 9mm and 30 Carbine. They are fun to shoot and accurate. Use to have a 10" bull barrel in 45 acp but traded it to a friend for a 10" octagon .222 Remington barrel.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:04 AM
n64atlas

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post
The nicest thing about it is you can lose the chopped up barrel and forearm, then make a real pistol out of it again.
He is only selling the barrel and grips, not the action.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:46 AM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
One of my favorite barrels is a 10" 10mm Auto. Lots of fun to shoot and very accurate. That shorty .45 would be a fun plinker.

≡✪≡
Old 04-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Ide
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had Bullberry make 6 inch .22 barrel and with the iron sights, could not hit a barn from inside. Mounted a red dot and it is really fun to shoot. Sure wish they would start making new receivers again.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:50 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I had one of the original octagon 8 3/4 inch .45 Colt/.410 with external choke.This is a funny a funny story.

I had a friend I met in the 8th grade and was my friend till he died at 56 or so. He had a Remington 552 Speedmaster that he hunted Mojave Desert jack rabbits with. I used many things to hunt them but my two favorite were my Contender (mostly with .256 Win Mag) and my 788 Rem in 22-250. The Contender was easier to carry on long desert walks.

My friend's real name was Daniel Boone!! He bragged about how he could spray the desert with 22lr holes. I liked the one shot where it was needed. This day I was carrying my .45 Colt. Mostly shot hand loads but this day was standard Win factory 255 gr bullets.

He pulled the Ford Crew Cab out onto a little ridge over looking what we called "Bunny holes" or "Bunny Bowls"....a spot where there was a depression or several dry washes came together. These were usually good for 4 or 5 bunnies each so he climbed in the bed. Whipped out the lawn chair and proceeded to load that long tube. 17 rounds I think.

I loaded one .45 Colt. Stepped out of the truck and there sat a big jack just looking at me! BOOM! Dead Bunny #1 and Dan is starting to curse and load faster. I took 3-4 stepped max around the front of the truck. Another bunny sitting straight up about 20 yards away.....BOOM! Dead Bunny #2. I walked 5-7 steps around to the side Dan had just climbed out of.....BOOM! Dead Bunny #3. I could not believe my luck!! 3 bunnies before Dan could load is blaster. By now the curses were at full shriek and then I heard Zipppp. Dan had just dumped all his loaded rounds out of the 552 as I walked around back.

"What the heck are you doing Dan? You just loaded that thing!" I asked. MUCH more cursing followed by "You have killed all the jacks here it will be a waste of time to go walking now!!" followed by a few choice words shedding doubt on my ancestors and that they may have 4 legs and and probably canine variety and such. I said "Not that one".....BOOM! Dead Bunny #4!! He was sitting no more than 20 yards behind the truck right where Dan could have seen him if he had just looked with his fully loaded blaster!. Now Dan was suggesting my parents had not been married when I was BORN!!

"Get in the --------Truck we are leaving!!" adding my mother and I may have had a closer than normal relationship. "Dan I am sure there are more. We have not even walked into the bowl...."

Finally he calmed down & we walked into the bowl. Sure enough as soon as we got to the edge there was Jack #5 but I just could not do it. Besides by now he was carry a loaded rifle. I pointed the bunny to Dan and he took everything out on this poor bunny. At least 15 rounds!!

"Daniel do you feel better now?" I asked with concern. He mumbled something but was busy loading his Spraymaster. I decided to not push my luck. I did shoot something like 3 more before leaving the Bowl though. That short barreled .45 Colt was great fun to shoot and handy too. If I remember right with the 8 3/4" barrel it was shorter than a 4" S&W N frame. No pocket pistol but I actually did carry it in the pocket of my winter coat.

Short barrel Contenders can be a lot of fun. Especially if you were hunting with Daniel Boone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk