Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:59 PM
3spop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thompson Center 22 Classic value

A few months ago I bought a TC 22 Classic from a young man who had used it on his 4h shooting team. It has a Tasco Silver Antler 4x32 scope mounted. 10 round TC mag. I read a little about the chamber issue, and mine looked a little suspicious. This gun also had one of the fiber optic tubes missing and the bottom of the butt plate and a little of the stock was chipped where it had apparently been dropped or something. I spoke to TC about the chamber, and they wanted me to send it in. I did, After a couple weeks, they sent it back to me saying they had replaced the fiber optics and polished the chamber. Besides the chipped/broken bottom of the stock butt, its a nice gun What would y'all value this gun at in your part of the country? Thanks.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:11 PM
carbine
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Local Gander Mountain has one now for $299. I checked it out, and not a mark on it.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Rimfire7

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
a good buy

I recently bought a mint one at our local gun show and paid $250 with two mags. Will even cycle CCI Quiets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Molasses
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently picked one up at our local Cabela's for $210 +tax, with a BSA 3-9X multi-color illuminated reticle scope on it.
The finish is a little rough and there was a horror story on the scope base just laying in wait to be found when I pulled the scope off in the course of giving it a thorough cleaning and once-over.

So there was a one-piece Weaver base meant for a Contender on there. Sure, the holes didn't all line up and the screws that came with the base weren't big enough in the first place, but that couldn't stop our determined hero from getting a scope onto that gun! He turned to the junk drawer and found four mismatched screws that he could force into the holes, including sheet metal screws so the holes that were off by up to half a hole diameter could still have something wedged in there. It was a surprisingly solid attachment, but to look at.
Managed to clean up the burred threads and dug around for some other bases with the correct hole spacing (although they were also meant for a different T/C model and needed to be opened up for 8/40 screws and heads, so I'm maybe only a little bit more polished than the previous Bubba )

One of the biggest concerns was the dried-out, varnish-ized oil that had glued the bolt hold open so it wouldn't budge. Doesn't appear to have a chipped chamber, so I'm figuring that if it didn't happen while the bolt routinely went home on an empty at the end of a magazine for however long things were like that, it most likely never will.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:17 PM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
I had to pay about 325 as I recall. Rifle was in nice shape but shot 6" groups at 50 yards. Had my gun blacksmith recrown and now it shoots good. Don't see many around here and price seems to be $325-375. What did you pay for yours 3spop?
Old 01-19-2016, 12:50 PM
shawn1885

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thumbs up Gunbroker

I just listed one in near mint condition on Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=537663729

Gun shoots great. Wood and metal are excellent. Chamber is not chipped.

The gun sold for the asking price of $300.00. This gun was lightly used, missing rear sight, and the chamber was not chipped. Just providing pricing information.... This sight helped me set my asking price.

Last edited by shawn1885; 01-26-2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Updated selling information
Old 02-14-2016, 02:51 PM
hesco
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These are a bargain at those prices, wouldn't let mine go that cheap best semi auto ever made
Old 02-17-2016, 06:15 AM
ScoobyDoo

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesco View Post
These are a bargain at those prices, wouldn't let mine go that cheap best semi auto ever made
Old 02-24-2016, 04:20 PM
slickshot223
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Tac 22 one bugeye group at 25 yrds with open sights.. Excellent rifle, too bad the chip issue had to destroy the value, it is an easy fix!!!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:17 PM
alro41
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Too bad that guns of this quality and accuracy are selling so low. Beats the hxxx out of any stock Ruger, Savage, Marlin, etc ever made.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Ltrain65

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I could not agree more!!! Just had my R-55 to the range, it is a sweet shooter will post my groups in different thread. Been thinking about picking up a Slilver lynx just to have a backup!!!!!

Yes out of the box mine has been very accurate, Way better than any of those you listed. did the chamber chip mod and i got about 400 or so rounds though my rifle and never had an issue. I know it scares some people, but if they shoot one it won,t!!!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:50 AM
Iowatom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Easy fix

Got my TC Classic back from SAW last week. Looks like they roughly enlarged area where the chip was showing. I haven't shot it since getting it back. I was So glad they repaired and sent it back. Now I just hope it works. It doesn't appear to have any work done to the extractor, just the bore fileing. Planning on shooting various rounds through it next week when weather improves.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Lightpuller
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Classic Accuracy

Have one and did a lot of 100 yd. bench rest shooting with it and others, (Savage, Marlin 39a, 10/22 (bull barrel). The classic's accuracy was comparable if not better to 39a in that it was capable of sub 2" groups with decent ammo. Only problem ever had was with cci's volictors that wouldn't fit into the chamber, Always thought this rifle had clean classic lines and with the inherit accuracy a joy to shoot
Old 03-26-2016, 09:15 AM
claybirds

TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Are you guys saying that TC will repair these gun if they have a chip? I thought they were offering some kind of credit towards another TC product?
Old 03-26-2016, 10:56 AM
wildbill

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by claybirds View Post
Are you guys saying that TC will repair these gun if they have a chip? I thought they were offering some kind of credit towards another TC product?
The "chip" wasn't near the issue people made it out to be and a lot of great rifles were sent back and replaced by TC and S&W, what a waste! I fixed the chip issue in about 10 minutes and its worked great ever since. Seems like S&W has finally figured it out too and decided to start repairing them.