Ricochet's Tribute Rifle - Page 13 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 AM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Ops I caught a one day internet deal on a GE 8 Meg with combined 14X some, macro and all the other slick stuff. $109 camera for $39.99 shipped. It is amazing for what it does. You can take a regular picture and choose one tiny area and zoom in after the picture is saved with great clarity.

Heck 14X zoom I can take pictures of target from the bench

Best of all it takes AA batteries and I have rechargeables and charger so battery is almost free. Still have to load soft ware and transfer pictures and all that. Have not done anything serious yet. Took a picture of my carry Kahr CW9 and was showing Agoetz2005 today that even after it is in the camera you can zoom on extractor so close that I was embarrassed it was not not cleaner

Big car trouble today through so it may maybe a few day until I can do more with it.
Did you order it from NewEgg.com? Sounds like you are all set to start a little different kind of shooting....
Old 05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
heck Vincent, you have always had a 14x zoom for your camera, well at least as long as you have had an APV...
Old 05-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpsMgr View Post
Did you order it from NewEgg.com? Sounds like you are all set to start a little different kind of shooting....
No it came from Retrevo. I get these CNET computer things in my email and part of that is this guy that tries to find all the hot deals on the net. Usually by the time I get to read them they are sold out as the stuff goes in hours, sometimes minutes. This time I got lucky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 08-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Scope Mount.

A year or so I changed the rifle from DNZ to a Weigand which I like a lot better. Just thought I would update the pictures:

Last edited by Vincent; 03-14-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 AM
OpsMgr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Every time I see that rifle, the stock just grabs my eye. Beautiful rifle there, Vince - Rico would love it!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:32 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (236)
Very nice, Vince -- the rifle AND the sentiment. Rico would surely approve.

Doug
Old 08-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thanks guys. This rifle is due for some updates as soon as I get "Pretty Groovy" shooting like I want. Maybe this fall I will be working on both at the same time.

Ricochet's Tribute definitely needs a "little" trigger work. I talked to Greg (Skeeter27red) at R/T about it about two weeks ago and he told me what I already knew but now I know for sure what it needs. Basically he lawyer proofed these triggers and made virtually impossible to get below 3 lbs with out either stoning hammer or replacing it. I have a pile of stones so that is what comes next. Trigger is super crisp just a little heavy for my taste.

Ricochet would be laughing at me for being so tentative about this.

I was going to bed this rifle but Rico was terrified of trying bedding. I am just going to tape bed it like he would. This stock is very well inletted and fairly snug already so it should not take much.

All this talk makes me want to take it shooting...as soon as the range is not a sauna!!

I so not have an indoor shooting room, like he did!!

Old 08-26-2014, 06:11 PM
OpsMgr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Right you are Vince. Rico was not "Tentative" when it came to mods/improvements but bedding was not something he would try, lol. Didn't want miss any trigger time in the "Oasis" due to a barreled action glued to his stock...
Old 08-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpsMgr View Post
Right you are Vince. Rico was not "Tentative" when it came to mods/improvements but bedding was not something he would try, lol. Didn't want miss any trigger time in the "Oasis" due to a barreled action glued to his stock...
I even sent him a bedding kit and I think I offer to buy the rifle for what he had in it if he glued it up

One guy brought one with a laminated stock into 40calcritters shop. No blocking off any screw holes. NO RELEASE AGENT!!!

Mike put it in a bluing tank with enough acetone to cover it, 2-3 gallons. After about 5 days the laminated stock and the bedding were a pile of goo but the action and barrel were salvageable. Will need refinish and a stock though.

As for Ricochet I think he kept at least one sand paper factory in business with all those refinishes

He did one rifle with an exact stock to this one but by the time he was done with it it was .....not exact!

Old 08-27-2014, 01:09 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I just realized for the last two years I have had a Rico haircut. Well I might have a little more hair but if I had not kept trimming the pony tail it would be down my back by now. I keep it 8-10 inches.

I actually grew it almost by accident and most certainly with out my wife's permission! To put it in her words "I did not marry a "hippie". I do not go into Nashville much even when I was living near by but last year I realized a bunch of guys have them. Now everywhere I go I see a 60 something guy with a pony tail!! I am not but I know a couple, like Doug, are Vietnam Veterns and it seems to be a thing with them and Nashville is Music City USA so that explains some of it. I was at the market just last week and some lady saw me from behind and thought I was her husband! He was on the next aisle and thought that was really funny

Is this happening in the rest of the country?

Funny part is now my wife LIKES it and a lady Doctor I had not seen since growing it told me it looks great. My daughter has always loved it. I had longish hair in the 70's but never as long as now. Maybe that is it a bunch of old guys reliving their youth.

Pretty funny though. Ricochet was a fashion leader and did not even know it

Last edited by Vincent; 03-14-2017 at 06:48 PM.