Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:15 AM
*Rim-Star*

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Remington 541X Price

Thought some of you 541X owners might like this....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=400401643

This same seller has Savage bolt 22s listed as Anschutz
Old 03-16-2014, 07:33 AM
blkwollf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
95% (52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Rim-Star* View Post
Thought some of you 541X owners might like this....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=400401643

This same seller has Savage bolt 22s listed as Anschutz
Nothing Wrong with that as they were a Combined effert in Production !!!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 AM
*Rim-Star*

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Its still a Savage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 11:47 AM
rdssert
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The seller is certainly doing his part to clutter up the GB site with near 500 listings and 0 bids. However, the seller is very persistent. If I had 500 lines in the water with no bites, I would pack it up and go home.

Last edited by rdssert; 03-16-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:46 PM
ultramag44
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
rdssert has a very important point.

The problem (for us real buyers & sellers) is GB allows perpetual Free Ads until it sells. This policy is just plain silly!

1.Potential bidders get really tired of seeing the same old piece of "pulpwood and rusted pig iron" week after week after week, w/ the same out-of-market (outta their minds) prices.

2. Sellers have zero motivation to get real on prices. Their attitude is: "I may get my price someday from an uninformed sucker."

After all, they are not paying, so just let it re-list in perpetuity.

GB should allow 3, one-week cycles @ the sellers price. Then to keep the free ad, the price must come down a certain % per week. The % of decrease would be based on the listed price.

OR, after the 3, one-week cycles @ the sellers price, the seller may keep their price, but must pay GB on a weekly basis. Every week the item does not sell, the % of payment goes up. The base payment and % of increase would be based on the listed price.

This would clear out all the silly ads listing a beat up, wallyworld 10/22 w/ the blister-pac scope for $500.00 + shipping.

Nothing gets someone's attention like reaching into their $$ stash!

This policy would keep "list builders" and "shill operations" out of the mix. Only those truly motivated to sell would be on GB.

Speaking of "list builders" and "shill operations", GB should have an aggressive policy that states: 5 complaints against a vendor for either "list builders" or "shill operations" will result in being banned-for-life from GB.

The same should go for non-paying buyers. 5 complaints against a buyer for non-payment, and banned-for-life from GB.

It's not right for the buyers and sellers of honor to have scoundrels & frauds in the mix .

As always, just IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdssert View Post
The seller is certainly doing his part to clutter up the GB site with near 500 listings and 0 bids. The seller is very persistent. If I had 500 lines in the water with no bites, I would pack it up and go home.

Last edited by ultramag44; 03-16-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:36 PM
rdssert
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
All are ideas that need consideration to improve the user experience at GB.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:49 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
FWIW, a nice example of a 541X sold here in middle GA yesterday for $350. It had target sights too.

Unfortunately, the auction site takes the information down shortly after the auction ends or I'd post a link.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:11 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (105)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag44 View Post

The problem (for us real buyers & sellers) is GB allows perpetual Free Ads until it sells. This policy is just plain silly!

1.Potential bidders get really tired of seeing the same old piece of "pulpwood and rusted pig iron" week after week after week, w/ the same out-of-market (outta their minds) prices.

2. Sellers have zero motivation to get real on prices. Their attitude is: "I may get my price someday from an uninformed sucker."

GB should allow 3, one-week cycles @ the sellers price. Then to keep the free ad, the price must come down a certain % per week. The % of decrease would be based on the listed price.

OR, after the 3, one-week cycles @ the sellers price, the seller may keep their price, but must pay GB on a weekly basis. Every week the item does not sell, the % of payment goes up. The base payment and % of increase would be based on the listed price.

This would clear out all the silly ads listing a beat up, wallyworld 10/22 w/ the blister-pac scope for $500.00 + shipping.

This policy would keep "list builders" and "shill operations" out of the mix. Only those truly motivated to sell would be on GB.

Speaking of "list builders" and "shill operations", GB should have an aggressive policy that states: 5 complaints against a vendor for either "list builders" or "shill operations" will result in being banned-for-life from GB.

The same should go for non-paying buyers. 5 complaints against a buyer for non-payment, and banned-for-life from GB.

It's not right for the buyers and sellers of honor to have scoundrels & frauds in the mix .

As always, just IMHO.
Very well stated.....they should charge for listing,keep the riff raff out...and the price that guy is asking for that 541x is totally ridiculous,things are getting bad on that site
Old 03-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Old Man 58

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag44 View Post

As always, just IMHO.
Amen. There is a Winchester 52B that has been listed for well over a year maybe longer. I bid on it not making his reserve. I emailed the seller several times without response. I think the guy may have either already sold it elsewhere or he died one of the 2.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 PM
rdssert
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man 58 View Post
Amen. There is a Winchester 52B that has been listed for well over a year maybe longer. I bid on it not making his reserve. I emailed the seller several times without response. I think the guy may have either already sold it elsewhere or he died one of the 2.
That is either dam sad or dam funny, depending on your point of view!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Old Man 58

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdssert View Post
That is either dam sad or dam funny, depending on your point of view!
This is it. If you do an advanced search you will see it's been listed over and over again at the same price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=400494497

Last edited by Old Man 58; 03-16-2014 at 09:08 PM.