$200 Avenger stock - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:44 AM
tunni
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
$200 Avenger stock

Can't seem to find any posts or anyone with experience, it appears to be a really neat stock for the 10 22 I am hoping some quality, I can't really get to excited about the $100 dollar ones. I will most likly buy one then I can tell you all what I think, however, if anyone has opiion please chime in!!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:03 AM
tunni
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
avenger

Can't believe nobody has tried this stock--I ordered one, will report back!!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 AM
BlkHawk73

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
There's a couple threads on them and at least one owners report. My son is doing his first on-his-own build and chose that stock. We'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 PM
tunni

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
avenger stock

Stock arrived today, ordered it off ebay and took about a week, Great packaging no damage. I'm going to give this baby a 10, took about 30 to 45 minutes to get the barreled action installed. Fit and finish is perfect did not need to modifly or tweek anything and it is completely cool looking, There is a full length pickitinny rail on top and also one on the bottom, the stock slide works flawlessly and rifle points and feels good, stock is metal and finish is perfect. I had a 2x pistol scope and mounted it forward on the top rail, works out to use with stock retracted, pistol length or extended rifle length. I have not fired it yet, but expect no negative issues. I have tried all the other stocks, pro mag, archangle, knox axiom Chaote, etc etc and this one is far and away the best. One problem I have had with the other stocks is getting the magazine to load and retract easily, this stock works perfect without adjustment. Apparently they make sights for the stock, don't come with it for the $200 but I would pay the price again. Check it out!!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Keith55

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Why did it take "30 to 45 minutes to get the barreled action installed" if the fit is perfect and you didn't have to "tweek anything" ???

Not saying it isn't a great stock, but the proof is in the shooting so get back to us after you hit the range and shoot some good groups along with liking how it feels under actual user conditions.

BTW, a little sanding of the magazine well is mostly considered fun for the average RFC member.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:13 PM
tunni

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
avenger

Fired about 60 to 70 rounds today, HM2. like the feel of the stock and groups were OK considering I was using a 2x pistol scope. Now I am going to find out just how long it takes to take it apart, going to take some effort. My VQ trigger quit resetting so I am going to have to take it down. The bottom rail has about 6 screws and top rail another 4 and those are going to both have to come off. this will also be a issue when cleaning bolt etc. So, love the quality of stock, but not sure about this take down problem. Action has to drop in from the top then be secured with screws and bottom and top rail as well as the hand grip. Right now I'm ****y at the HM2 in general and this stock certainly makes it more difficult to work on things. Always tough to improve that damm mouse trap. stay tuned, the stock may go back, regardless of how good it looks.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
tunni

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Stock

Stock is going back, allowed the trigger pin to work loose causing malfunction, actually I'm happy it wasn't my hm2 as I'm really fond of that round. Anyway, sticking with the good old factory stock.