Ricochet Is Gone - Page 27 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 AM
DHart

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

In my short time here I've seen many posts by Rico and many references to him... and had no idea that he was no longer here until tonight. I've spent the last few hours getting to know him and what happened and starting to catch up a little.

What is wonderful inspite of this loss is that Rico lives on today and will for many, many tomorrows... sharing himself and helping people... through his posts on this wonderful forum. Few have the opportunity to influence so many, as Rico has through this forum. I'm toasting Rico as I write this and my condolences to those who were closest to him, especially you Vincent. I look forward to getting to know Rico ever better as I spend more time here.

God keep you blessed Rico.

Last edited by DHart; 12-05-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
DHart he was my friend but he was a good friend to a number of the SuperStock bunch and a few others outside of SuperStock. He was what used to be called a "cut up" meaning a fun lover who did not care if people were laughing with him or at him......as long as they were laughing he was happy.

He helped so many new people in SuperStock going out of his way to make them feel comfortable with all the joking and thread thieving pirates that might have been scared away if he had not held their hands for the first couple days

To this day I am still not quite sure how a Hawaiian ended up on a Sioux Indian Reservation in Montana Part of the mystery that was Doug/Ricochet. Of course he called it "On da Rez in Montanny"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Jasper21

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow. I haven't been on these forums in a while (since early 09) but I've started back in since I have finally gotten some time and have begun kicking around the idea of a Super Stock and this is what I find.

I know just about everyone knew years ago .... but for this is a very sad day. I loved Rico's posts. he was always willing to help and share his ideas. The last few years have been rough on Rimfire Central and the old guard.

I hope Doug is at peace. His presence on earth is still remembered fondly by me even if only from interactions on an internet forum.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper21 View Post
Wow. I haven't been on these forums in a while (since early 09) but I've started back in since I have finally gotten some time and have begun kicking around the idea of a Super Stock and this is what I find.

I know just about everyone knew years ago .... but for this is a very sad day. I loved Rico's posts. he was always willing to help and share his ideas. The last few years have been rough on Rimfire Central and the old guard.

I hope Doug is at peace. His presence on earth is still remembered fondly by me even if only from interactions on an internet forum.
We all miss him. I ended up with what might be the last barrel he ever bought. I built a rifle around it in his honor, "Ricochet's Tribute":

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=348234

Last edited by Vincent; 04-18-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:38 AM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper21 View Post
..........................His presence on earth is still remembered fondly by me even if only from interactions on an internet forum.
+1.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat
His presence will always be here as will his influence on me. I hope you look down upon us from time to time from heaven Rico.

I still miss you buddy.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
OpsMgr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigrat View Post
His presence will always be here as will his influence on me. I hope you look down upon us from time to time from heaven Rico.

I still miss you buddy.
AMEN Brother.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
BigSky1

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
It would seem I have deleted the folder with the photos I took. Very sorry about that I will restore them as soon as I can, I ment to leave them up for good.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky1 View Post
It would seem I have deleted the folder with the photos I took. Very sorry about that I will restore them as soon as I can, I ment to leave them up for good.
Yeah I need to get onto the process of saving some or most of his pictures but time has been my enemy lately. Cars, computers, my wife gfetting sick just took so much time away.

I feel so crappy I have not gotten that started.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
OpsMgr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Vince - How's your weather up in Nashville?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
BAD

Big boomers after big boomers and now they are started to talk flood almost a a year after last year. Riverfront Park and other places already under 10 ft of water if I heard the news right..

Tornadoes every day for the last 3 or 4 it seems. The people here do not deserve another year like last years. I will be fine even though I am only 1/2 From the river I live at the very top of the highest hill in the area. EVERYTHING is down hill in all directions from my house.

Thanks for asking.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
22cracker

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via AIM to 22cracker
what a community

: to a well thought of rfc member.