How good are T\C's? - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:35 PM
carpfisher
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have had my R-55 Classic for 1 week and it is heading back to the factory. the trigger has a strange , inconsistient click in it. It behaves like it is a set trigger, sometimes. It doesn't actually change the pull weight, it just clicks, and then a normal squeeze to release. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the issue.
I fired about 100 rounds off the bench at 50 yards tonight and wasn't especially impressed. Some groups were 3/4 " or so( 5 shot). Others were as much as 2 ". This is with CCI Standard Velocity Blue box. I did the float check with a dollar bill and I get about 2.5 " past the nose do the fore end. I bought it to shot CMP rimfire at the National this week end and thought I was going to get a good rifle out of the box. Very disappointing. I am going to shot the match with it as that is all I have that is legal but then back to TC with a stern letter. Unless I earn gold at Camp Perry, ( then not quite so stern.

Greg
Old 07-17-2008, 06:12 AM
hovbuild
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First that ammo will only give you 3/4" @ 50 yards groups with a broken in rifle (400-600 rounds). And that's with weighing each roud and shooting them in same weight batches.
You are going to compete with a rifle that has no bench time?
I can easly do .25 and better @ 50 with the right ammo. Also get a trigger job on the gun they need it.

Give it a chance, they are great rifles!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:12 PM
541X
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Shot the two 5-shot groups on the left and right after practicing in the center area with my Williams peep/globe sight equipped T/C Classic this afternoon (95 degrees out there). Shot at 25yd from the bench using Wolf Match ammo, which has proven to be very accurate in my rifles.