Browning A-Bolt - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:51 PM
SteelPig
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to SteelPig Send a message via AIM to SteelPig
Browning A-Bolt

May have a chance to get a Browning A-Bolt MicroMedallion Was wondering about this gun in 22WMRF.
What do you guys think about it.
Barely Used and in Beautiful condition.
Pretty wood and Deep Dark bluing with high sheen.
How is it as a shooter.
Is the Newer production ammo any beter than that of 5 years past?

Back then we could not get it to group very well.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:21 PM
j_mcdade
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brownig A-Bolt..

SteelPig,

Those are beautiful rifles, I own one in .22lr, and it is a shooter! However, many owners will tell you that some will shoot and others won't. The gun was quite expensive while it was being manufactured and the accuracy was not always what one would expect for the dollar spent. This is probably why they are no longer produced. How much is the seller asking for the one that you are looking at?

Good luck,

Jim
Old 05-02-2003, 02:12 PM
SteelPig
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to SteelPig Send a message via AIM to SteelPig
He wants about 300 US for it.

It is just that when he first got it, it would not group well with the ammo available.

Back then there were only a handful of different loads available.

Today there are over a dozen quality loads available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2003, 03:08 PM
hapnin

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've had one

and it shot real well even back then.I'd like to have seen what it would do with todays ammo also but it's been sent 'down the river'.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:02 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Inspect the Barrel!

I bought my A bolt .22 LR a few years ago LNIB and it has never produced consistent stellar accuracy. It had noticeable cross marks in the barrel from the boring process that were never smoothed out. I tried fire lapping the barrel and it didn't do much of anything to improve accuracy. I would inspect the bore on that rifle very well and see if I could shoot a few groups before handing over $300. People don't tend to sell wonderful shooters they bough new. I think a CZ 452 in .22 mag would be a sure thing and better built for your shooting dollar. The A bolt is a slick handling reliable rifle but the Aluminum trigger guard is cheap and prone to scratch with much usage. I suspect they are no longer produced because they could not compete against similar guns in the same price range. rc
Old 05-18-2003, 06:24 AM
jackmt.retreat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did rc just say that a CZ was better built than my beloved Brownings????I have owned several .22lr's in standard and gold medallion, and they shot well enough for anything I wanted to do.The fit and finish is top notch, the wood is always nice the bluing deep the action smooth the trigger absolutely beautiful, and functioning perfect.They were, in my opinion, one of the classiest .22's around, The trigger gaurds did show wear on the anodizing with rough treatment, but not under normal use.The one on my Weatherby mark XXII was alot worse. It would scratch if you fumbled a little while inserting the magazine.The Brownings feel like a standard A bolt and balance perfectly, just right for offhand shooting in the woods.If you can get one for $300 and don't want it PLEASE contact me and I will take it tomorrow.
--Bryan
Old 05-31-2003, 10:51 AM
B. Till

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Gold Medallion A-Bolt .22 and I'm very pleased with it. It functions beautifully, and is the most accurate .22 that I own. It likes CCI Green Tag ammo the best. I reciently came across a supplier that had a bunch of original A-Bolt .22 magazines in stock, (both 5 round and 15 round). I bought them all. I just wish I had bought another in .22 Mag. before they discontinued them. Hind sight is always 20-20. Bill T.