Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-16-2019, 09:50 PM
Steal Shooter

TPC Rating: 
89% (14)
Kidd

Can anybody tell me how a kidd light weight or kidd ultra light shoots at 50 yds with match ammo? Like center x or sk rifle match. Wondering how it would fair against my cz 457
Old 11-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
I own several of each of the Lt. Wt's and UL's.. I see NO DIFF in the 2 barrels with the same ammo out to 50 yds... take your pick but the Lt. Wt. has TKidds Guarantee of accuracy... and just barely heavier. While I do not own your Bolt rifle I can say buy a Kidd barrel and be surprised in a real good way Lasers...
I rarely use better than SK Std Plus.. no need.

Last edited by Chaser; 11-17-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:26 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steal Shooter View Post
Can anybody tell me how a kidd light weight or kidd ultra light shoots at 50 yds with match ammo? Like center x or sk rifle match. Wondering how it would fair against my cz 457
I have 3 18” LWs and 1 16.5” ULW. All shoot well, one I’d call exceptional.
The 16.5 ULW & 2 of the 18” LWs shoot groups in the low .3s to mid .2s.
The exceptional shoots low .2s and .1s, with an occasional .0X.
I would have to give a slight edge to the 18” LWs for consistent accuracy, but weight, barrel length and stock profile certainly also play a role, and I need more trigger time with the 16.5” ULW to give it a fair accounting as it’s relatively new to the stable.

I have 4 CZ 452s. My Kidd’s run neck and neck with them- I have a 452 Varmint that is outstanding, and only the best of my Kidd LWs barrels can run with it, and it’s pretty much a tie.

DrGunner

Last edited by DrGunner; 11-17-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2019, 05:36 PM
Steal Shooter

TPC Rating: 
89% (14)
Mr Gunner what is your set ups like. Would love to hear a little more about this please. Stocks, scope, ammo, bag or rests etc

Last edited by Steal Shooter; 11-17-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:08 PM
Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Dr. G has more cool stuff than I do.. But, here is some input for ya...

Mechanical rests or bags.. both work.. informal comp. usually no limitations. At home and the range I really prefer a mechanical one pc. rest.. EZ to carry.. But the Caldwell Rock BR Comp is my 2nd fav. with a nice rear bag.
Ammo = As good as I usually shoot is SK Std. Plus unless the Fellas want to shoot for money. Then I step up a tad... KIDD barrels will polish some Turd ammo's to a real decent level. Shoot what ever you can pocketbook.

Last edited by Chaser; 11-17-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:12 PM
Steal Shooter

TPC Rating: 
89% (14)
Those at 50 or 25 sir?
Old 11-17-2019, 08:23 PM
Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
5 at 50 .. around here ya don't want to post 25 yd. groups.. commonly laughable.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:48 PM
Steal Shooter

TPC Rating: 
89% (14)
I so agree. When somebody shows me a group at 25 I am like you waisted ammo.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:00 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Mr Gunner what is your set ups like. Would love to hear a little more about this please. Stocks, scope, ammo, bag or rests etc
1.) Ruger Custom Youth stock, Gunnerbedded w/Kidd rear tang, A683 Watts 3/4” Flange pillar, VQ escutcheon & Devcon 10110
Tactical Machining a Receiver with integrated rail
Kidd 18" Black LW barrel
Kidd Silver bolt
Kidd Black Viton CH/Assy
Kidd single stage TG @ .87lb
Bench Optic:
Weaver Classic V24 BallisticX on Leupold QRW rings
Offhand Optic: Bushnell TRS 25

Build Thread:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...504&highlight=

Tacsol Vantage/Kidd LW
Tacsol Vantage Forest Laminate
Full Kidd barreled action, Devcon pillar and rear tang bedded.
20 MOA rail
Kidd Lt wt 18" .920 barrel
Kidd silver scalloped bolt
Kidd charging rod & spring
Kidd single stage @ .87#
Offhand optic:
Mueller Quickshot
Bench Scope:
Mueller 8.5-25x44AO Tactical scope on Leupold QRW rings, low

Build Thread:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...=477781%5B/url

50 Yards- (Different stock)

100 Yards:

PWS Raptor Blue/Gray Laminate stock, Pillar & Devcon bedded
Sling & studs, Bipod rail
Kidd Classic w rear tang 20 MOA rail
Kidd Scalloped silver bolt
Kidd single stage @ .98#
Kidd 18" black LW barrel
Offhand/Position optic: Ultradot 6 on Warne quick detach rings, low
Benchrest optic:
Weaver Classic V24 BallisticX on Leupold QRW rings

Build Thread:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...=489351%5B/url

50 Yards

I just HAD to post this one.... A fly landed on my target. I tracked him until he walked far away from my groups, then shot him...

100 Yards

Kidd 16.5” ULW/Custom Pharr clone silhouette stock
Full Kidd Classic action
Kidd Classic w rear tang 20 MOA rail
Kidd Scalloped silver bolt
Kidd single stage @ 1.5lb
Kidd 16.5” black LW barrel
Scope- Bushnell Engage 3-12x40AO on Warne Maxima QD rings, medium

I have no pics on this one as it is a build in progress. Right now the action is in a custom try stock that I got from my good friend George a.k.a. Azguy. Once my daughter has had a chance to shoot it enough, we will send it back with measurements and he is going to cut a custom Pharr clone silhouette stock out of highly figured walnut.

Groups have all been shot from either a bipod and Protektor 13B Tall Bunny ear or most often a Caldwell Rock BR windage adjustable front rest that was worked over for better precision, added shims, bearings and washers everywhere I saw the need.

Ammo is all SK- Magazine, Rifle Match and some Lapua CenterX and Midas Plus.

Edit- just realized there’s some Eley Team in there-

Last edited by DrGunner; 11-18-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:58 AM
MacR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Kidd ULW Classic that I assembled from components. Wears a 3x9 Clearidge. I use it for hunting and pest control, spends a lot of time in my ATV rack.

To your question, I have a 54 Anschutz and a Sako Quad that are my tiny group guns, so I don’t hold the Kidd to the same standards. I shoot my Kidd suppressed, usually with HV ammo. CCI 36 gr Mini Mags group .5” - .75” (@50) on average. Groups generally get ruined by a flyer. Center X groups just under a half inch without the flyers. I am sure it would do better with a higher power scope and more ammo experimentation, but not it’s purpose. Great rifle, probably my favorite rimfire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3D9D76AF-DF19-4B56-AFA1-7560088BFFA1_1574096247038.jpg (575.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Steal Shooter

TPC Rating: 
89% (14)
Umm WOW. Kidd needs to put you on the payroll. Amazing builds and groups
Old 11-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Steal Shooter

TPC Rating: 
89% (14)
Gunner and Chaser I am not pass buying a super grade but will never change the barrel out. I just like the fact that Kidd beds them. But I am flirting with victor titan stock as well. Kidd only has the magpul. What are your thoughts on the stock for all around use. I must say the pro varmint is about my favorite and the titan looks very similar. Is there a need tongi super grade or just classic slip fit.? Thanks
Old 11-18-2019, 07:31 PM
elh0102

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Gunner and Chaser I am not pass buying a super grade but will never change the barrel out. I just like the fact that Kidd beds them. But I am flirting with victor titan stock as well. Kidd only has the magpul. What are your thoughts on the stock for all around use. I must say the pro varmint is about my favorite and the titan looks very similar. Is there a need tongi super grade or just classic slip fit.? Thanks
The bedding should have no impact on your barrel decision. The action is bedded, but the barrel is free floating, so it makes no difference which barrels you might be switching around. That's not to say that every barrel will shoot equally well, just that the action bedding will be a constant with any barrel.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:08 AM
Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Quote:
IF.. IF you want to wring out that last .02ish in your groups bedding may.. MAY be important BUT I have done at least a dozen without bedding them and they are sub-MOA out to 100.. lesser barreled rigs may and usually do need bedding, I just have found that I don't need to mess with it when I use KIDD goods...
So.. if you are hung up on another stock I say buy all the KIDD goods you can afford and drop it all together in whatever stock you prefer.. now.. if it's a Titan you still can do the rear tang.. and that's good... If assembly of a KIDD has you worried buy a Barreled action.. Do indeed buy the Single Stage or the 2-Stage trigger.
Summation.. Bedding is not mandatory IMO... Quality Barrel and Boolets and Trigger are mandatory.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:17 AM
amblerrl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
I have 3 18 LWs and 1 16.5 ULW. All shoot well, one Id call exceptional.
The 16.5 ULW & 2 of the 18 LWs shoot groups in the low .3s to mid .2s.
The exceptional shoots low .2s and .1s, with an occasional .0X.
I would have to give a slight edge to the 18 LWs for consistent accuracy, but weight, barrel length and stock profile certainly also play a role, and I need more trigger time with the 16.5 ULW to give it a fair accounting as its relatively new to the stable.

I have 4 CZ 452s. My Kidds run neck and neck with them- I have a 452 Varmint that is outstanding, and only the best of my Kidd LWs barrels can run with it, and its pretty much a tie.

DrGunner
nice rifles and very good shooting sir.