Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Smile

[QUOTE=sjohn;3899651]I got mine at Gander Mountain, but they show out of stock right now. Same one is available at multiple locations, but the cost varies. It's supposed to work with Marlin bolt actions, but I haven't had a chance to verify it yet.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...ction_Magazine[/QUOTE
any 795 10rd will work
MidwayUSA has them but they are BO right now there is an ebayer with some also look under Marlin gun parts kinda pricey $19.95+shipping
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
jmikeb653
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohn View Post
I got mine at Gander Mountain, but they show out of stock right now. Same one is available at multiple locations, but the cost varies. It's supposed to work with Marlin bolt actions, but I haven't had a chance to verify it yet.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...ction_Magazine
+1, i got them from my local Gander Mtn. The other reason i liked doing it this way is that these 10rd, and my 25rd Shooters Ridge mags, now work in the bolt action 2000 as well as my 795 Appleseed gun.

I'm going to keep the Blue stock, Thanks, jim
Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 PM
sjohn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magazine test

I finally got the chance to test out the 10-round magazine with the 2000L. I shot about 70 rounds at the range and another 180 or so at a silhouette match today. The magazine worked great, no feed problems at all. I only loaded 5 rounds at the match, but at the range I tested 10 rounds several times without any trouble. The 10th round was a bear to load, but it all worked.

Too bad I didn't hit much with what I loaded.

The only glitch so far is the I have to manually extract the magazine. It is about 2-3mm longer front-to-back than the stock single-shot adapter, and that extra seems to hang up at the very top. I'm going to get a 7-round mag to see if it has the same problem.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM
LeShaghal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
mag mod

We mill the rail pocket on a CNC mill & then hand turn a button on one of the lathes.Our buttons are aluminum, it's easier to machine and holds up better.
Price is now $65 this helps cover return shipping.
Turn around is anywhere from 1-12 days depending on the work load at the shop.
We've poked around at making the mags, but until we can get a big enough order, we can't justify the costs.
PM me if interested

I hope to get as many of these converted as possible, it adds SIGNIFICANTLY to the worth of the rifle!

The 7rd mags drop better than the 10s, the stock Biathlon kit mags were a 7 with an injection molded floor-plate/block.

Last edited by LeShaghal; 11-14-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
LeShaghal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
6 Emails overnight.

With the response we're seeing we looked into making the mags, not a promising proposition but here's the scoop.

The Biathlon mags can be made up, if so specify you'd like one and you'll go on a waiting list. When the list grows big enough, 20 people, We'll make a mold and start pumping out exact copies of marlin's original design. Mags would be along the lines of $27-30 a piece depending on material costs.
That may seem high but do the math;
$17 a mag +
$05=$100 for mold/20 mags+
$06 material per mag+
+time&labor
Not exactly a red hot deal for us...but were committed, and to be frank 4 guys in the shop are already on the list...some'd like to buy the first runs worth and sell them off at gun shows, others would just like to have a 5pack of mags for biathlon use.

We're also looking at making up whole kits again, and giving a $20 "core charge" discount if you send us your old rail when you buy the kit, prices on a whole kit soon.

Shoot us an email if you're interested.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:18 AM
LeShaghal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lazarus Thread

Reviving thread from the dead.

I do the conversion, pictured above, on marlin 2000s

The nature of my work changed and I was unable to do them for a long time.

If ANYONE has ANY interest in the service, send me a PM before 1/1/2020

I'll set up and run a batch if I can get more than one order.
Most of the cost was the time setting up and tearing down to do ONE rail/button combo. The more people that order the cheaper the service will be for all of you.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:52 PM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I do understand that this may be a valuable service to owners of this rifle. However, threads such as this should be in the Trading Post Classifieds. Thread is now closed so please contact the OP via PM from this point on. Thanks!