Three days before the State and this happens. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:10 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Three days before the State and this happens.

Just to make sure my gun is ready for the State Championship this weekend I decided to clean everything. When I took the top end off the frame this is the surprise I found.

Fortunately I have a second Mark IV 22/45 so I swapped top ends and now it's off to the range to make sure the sights are on.

I wondered why I always like a backup of my competition guns.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:50 PM
Theo98
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bummer, AZS!

Great you have a back up, ready to go...good luck at state competition!

Ted
Old 10-14-2019, 11:11 PM
AzShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Ted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2019, 11:42 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
You know, now that these MKIV's have been out long enough to get some miles on them, it sure seems like we're seeing this particular failure a lot more often. Like, never saw that for nearly 2 years, but have seen it about 4 times in the past few months now. And every one that I saw was a 22/45 frame (which may or may not mean anything). I guess I can plan on this happening at some point.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:23 AM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Definitely something amiss about that part. Hopefully after Ruger see's a few more of these they will have a fix in the works. Hopefully.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:22 AM
JHB51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You are not the first to post this problem I have seen a few. Ruger will make it right bla bla bla after you take out every thing that was replaced to have a trigger it should come with to start with.
Mine has been running fine in practice sessions and chokes 2x on 3 stages at a match. I bombed a match so bad because of it last Saturday it is now a bullseye gun they accept alibis for equipment that dosen't work properly.
I have a Buckmark and a S&W Victory that haven't missed s lick and the only thing I added besides sights are Halos. Sorry about your luck. Good luck at state.
Try a Victory I think they are built better and cost less when you add up the mods you will save $250 over the Ruger.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:04 PM
jsteve

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I do not own a Mark IV but have been looking at them seriously. I do not know what that part is or what broke from your picture. Is this something to do with the takedown button or buffer pin?
Old 10-20-2019, 07:20 PM
AzShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's the Bolt Stop Pin. That part that lift up above the frame.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:48 PM
frozen
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey AZ how did you do in state Steel challenge match ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2019, 08:00 PM
AzShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I came in dead last. Backup gun worked fine but they terrain was too harsh for me to push my wheelchair to all the stages so I had to quit. I only got to finish 4 of the 8 stages but I did well for the ones I shot.

Oh well. I did have fun and did check-in for the rest of the match. Four long hard days but I had fun...saw a lot of old friend and made some new ones.

That's what counts after all.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:11 PM
frozen
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
O dude thatís rough ,, I would imagine it is sandy there ( Arizona) I would like to shoot there next year ,, a lady shooter from Alaska was there , she had a good time ,, maybe next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2019, 08:17 PM
AzShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Actually the ground is nice and hard. Just that I had to go up a very long path up hill that was too much for me to push.

Next time I'll get them to start me on the bottom and I'll only have to push up the hill once.

I had to get there to start working at 6 am and the shooting didn't start until noon. Buy the time I had in 4 stages it was 3 and I was out of gas. I could have made it up the next day but was too tired and had too much work to do. Better luck next year.

Yes, I met Jessie. Great girl and wonderful competitor. She had a few gun problems and kept keeping on. Did well in the match, shooting 6 guns is an accomplishment.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:29 PM
GreggK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Steven
It's hard for me to imagine that someone wasn't willing to help you get to the stage to shoot. That sucks that you didn't get to finish shooting. I remember the revolver nationals when they were in PASA Park where there is a huge hill to climb to get to the stages. They had golf carts and other vehicles available to help those that weren't physically able to make the climb. We help each other out, at least we should.