Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:39 PM
tucker301

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
From Anschutz North America

The image is purposefully large for detailed viewing.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:48 AM
red930turbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
1807 was also available as a repeater

Anschutz made a 1807 repeater. But not many apparently. See my pics here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...9&postcount=14
Old 02-21-2017, 02:16 AM
TRRIM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cool Sticky

What is a sticky? Is it like a central location for information? I would like that I'm just starting to get into Anschutz. I just bought my 4th or 5th one and I love their attention to detail Thank You for bring the old guy along slowly. Tom
Old 02-21-2017, 12:05 PM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRRIM View Post
What is a sticky?
A "sticky" is a thread that's stuck to the top of a forum.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Barrie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have read what has been posted so far even on the CIL Annie's of which I own one. Its a model 190 in a repeater model Its marked 1966 on the day of birth for it. Still shoots like a dream and is extremely accurate for a lower line rifle. I am only the 2nd owner of this gun and only paid $200.00 for it 4 years ago now. It still is in amazingly clean shape. I would like to learn as much as I can about it and its full History but do NOT know where to start. Its a single stage trigger but really light compared to some of my other rifles. Any knowledge at all I would be grateful to learn. Thank You for any replys. Barrie
Old 05-21-2017, 09:57 AM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I have been trying to learn on the Anschutz models and found this. May be repetitive of what is already here but I like the way it's written. If it's not good info we can delete it. Tried to copy and paste but does not show up right so here is the link.

http://www.pmulcahy.com/bolt-action_...n_ba_spr_a.htm
Old 12-14-2017, 07:23 PM
Talyn

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Great thread. Glad I found it.

Brought back memories of my collegiate rifle team days back in the 80's. Shot 1413s in 3 & 4 positions. Lettered four years straight and still remember when I shot my first perfect score(s) in all 4 positions when I was a senior.

Could have bought a 1413 at an Oregon gun show back then and didn't. Still kicking myself for that.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Anaglyph

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello everyone, sorry if I am digging an old thread here, but sticky never gets old so I have an excuse to be pardoned.

Now coming to the point, I am from Pakistan and in the process of procuring an Anschutz (probably model 54), as they are really hard to come by here and this is going to be my first Anschutz so i request all you gurus to kindly help me out with the only 2 pictures i have in identifying and dating approximately the rifle. And it's worth and other traits such as accuracy etc.

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_Z017D using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 08:01 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaglyph View Post
Hello everyone, sorry if I am digging an old thread here, but sticky never gets old so I have an excuse to be pardoned.

Now coming to the point, I am from Pakistan and in the process of procuring an Anschutz (probably model 54), as they are really hard to come by here and this is going to be my first Anschutz so i request all you gurus to kindly help me out with the only 2 pictures i have in identifying and dating approximately the rifle. And it's worth and other traits such as accuracy etc.

Thanks

That is a model 54 and it looks like an early 1960's 1413 (but I can't be sure as the back end of the bolt is not clearly shown; if it is flat rather than domed it will be 1964 or earlier). The trigger is the 5039 set trigger, which in itself should make the rifle quite desirable, all other things being equal.

Below is a 1964 ad for a Anschutz 1413

Last edited by Penage Guy; 08-06-2019 at 08:05 AM. Reason: ad put in post
Old 08-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Anaglyph

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
That is a model 54 and it looks like an early 1960's 1413 (but I can't be sure as the back end of the bolt is not clearly shown; if it is flat rather than domed it will be 1964 or earlier). The trigger is the 5039 set trigger, which in itself should make the rifle quite desirable, all other things being equal.

Below is a 1964 ad for a Anschutz 1413

Thanks for the reply. Got some other pics from the owner, as he is far away from me so I will have to rely on pictures (at taking which the owner seems to be either lazy or unskilled) to make a deal. Any inputs on the accuracy will be much appreciated. As I intend to buy this for formal benchrest matches.

Thanks again.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaglyph View Post
Thanks for the reply. Got some other pics from the owner, as he is far away from me so I will have to rely on pictures (at taking which the owner seems to be either lazy or unskilled) to make a deal. Any inputs on the accuracy will be much appreciated. As I intend to buy this for formal benchrest matches.

Thanks again.

The back of the bolt is not flat but domed. That means it is newer than 1964. The stock doesn't have an adjustable cheek piece. It is not clear whether the pistol grip has checkering or stippling. Starting in the early 1970's stippling was used. I'll guess it's from 1965 to late 1960's. There will be a two digit date stamp on the left side of the barrel near the receiver.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:45 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
The back of the bolt is not flat but domed. That means it is newer than 1964. The stock doesn't have an adjustable cheek piece. It is not clear whether the pistol grip has checkering or stippling. Starting in the early 1970's stippling was used. I'll guess it's from 1965 to late 1960's. There will be a two digit date stamp on the left side of the barrel near the receiver.
PG,

I'd agree, and would further say the barrel is no later than 1968. The muzzle swell is short, just longer than the foresight mount. For some reason Anschutz made this longer on heavy barrels from '68.

The grip is chequered, although it's hard to see. My guess is that the stock has been refinished, and the varnish was applied to the chequering.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Anaglyph

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I concur to both of you gurus, that the stock is almost certainly refinished and rather in a poor way. Thanks for your valuable inputs, this rifle is going to cost me around $1000 maybe less, let's see once i get pics that i am demanding only then will i start bargaining. My idea is to get between $800 to $900. Will be sharing any clearer pics that i get.

Thanks again you guys are amazing.

Last edited by Anaglyph; 08-07-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:24 PM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I traded a CMP H&R M12 to Mac Tilton for this Anschutz prone rifle around 2002 IIRC. I've always referred to it as a 1611, as it had the X suffix on the ser no. Someone had done a really excellent job of bedding the action with what looked like Devcon or MarineTex, it had a 2-stage trigger with very light break - my guess is 4oz. It came with a set of Anschutz irons, and shot good enough to clean the NRA 100yd smallbore target, even with my poor prone skills.

Wish I still had it...but three years ago, a good friend sent a link to a 2011 listed on GunBroker that was essentially NIB, with a set of Anschutz's best sights and several other accessories. I posted the minimum $1900 starting bid, and as the only bidder, got it for that price. So I sold my 1611 to another friend who needed a good .22RF prone trainer for what I felt was a fair price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1016.jpg (441.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 10-26-2019, 05:33 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
1400 series firing pins for the 54 action

This is to again show the two significant differences in 1400 series firing pins for the 54 action; the integral cocking indicator that was used for the older flat ended safety and then the domed wing safety with the extra cocking indicator with its spring that is inserted separately from the firing pin into the safety.

The one piece f.p. at the bottom is the one that was milled from one piece. There is a similiar f.p. with an integral safety tab that was drilled in front for the firing pin insert and in the rear for the safety tab and it appears that the parts were soldered in.

Last edited by Andyd; 10-27-2019 at 02:39 PM.