Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Rogeroge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Sophia,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Your description of a fix for injection problems worked perfectly for me on a 39 years-old Model 54 Sporter. Roger
Old 04-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Rogeroge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks to Sophia's original posting I corrected another ejection problem. This time it was on a newly acquired magnificent 1970 Anschutz Model 54 Sporter. Some forums are filled with people eager to tell more than they know. That is not the case with RFC. Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:07 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogeroge View Post
Sophia,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Your description of a fix for injection problems worked perfectly for me on a 39 years-old Model 54 Sporter. Roger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogeroge View Post
Thanks to Sophia's original posting I corrected another ejection problem. This time it was on a newly acquired magnificent 1970 Anschutz Model 54 Sporter. Some forums are filled with people eager to tell more than they know. That is not the case with RFC. Thanks again.
Glad that was helpful, guys. All kudos to our friend hellbender for the original post .... I just got it here where it was easier to find.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:15 PM
Rogeroge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Glad that was helpful, guys. All kudos to our friend hellbender for the original post .... I just got it here where it was easier to find.
Hellbender, thank you very much for the clear and detailed outline of a process to possibly correct weak ejection on Anschutz 22 rifles. And, Sophia, thank you again for easing access to hellbender's information. Now, if I could just ascertain the exact rear sight that was original to the rifle. I will shortly post an information request on the RFC forum. Thanks, Roger
Old 06-22-2017, 05:19 PM
afterhours

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
my 1712 was ejecting less than 50% after 2k or so rds. I finally followed the instructional posted here and shot 75 rds with 4 rejects- big difference. I started at .090 and went down to .083. thinking about taking another couple of thous off in search of perfection. thanks for sharing this this detailed info.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:04 AM
BadaBing11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It would be interesting to take a poll to see how many owners have tried this fix, and the Results.

Not sure how to set it up . Maybe two polls.:

Before the modification up my gun would fail to eject:

0-15%
15-30%
30-45%
Over 45%

After the modification , my gun failed to eject:
0%
<5%
<10%
<20%
Over 20% but better than before
No difference

Sophia, is there a way to set something like that up referencing the sticky?
Old 10-16-2018, 09:15 PM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
It would be interesting to take a poll to see how many owners have tried this fix, and the Results.

Not sure how to set it up . Maybe two polls.:

Before the modification up my gun would fail to eject:

0-15%
15-30%
30-45%
Over 45%

After the modification , my gun failed to eject:
0%
<5%
<10%
<20%
Over 20% but better than before
No difference

Sophia, is there a way to set something like that up referencing the sticky?
Not Sophia but to answer your question....Yes, but it would have to be two separate threads. One for each poll with both including a link to this thread.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:44 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNolan View Post
Not Sophia but to answer your question....Yes, but it would have to be two separate threads. One for each poll with both including a link to this thread.
Thank you! I'll give it a try like that!
Old 10-17-2018, 09:22 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
Parts Variation

Shown is variation in parts I received from Anschutz...Tom

Old 04-01-2019, 09:49 AM
sep
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just wanted to thank Hellbender and Sophia for this sticky. The ejection problems with these rifles still exists as I bought mine a few months ago from ANA. I ended up testing and removing .008 from the "leg" of my ejector and it dramatically improved the ejection on my new 1416 D HB CL chambered in 22lr.

Prior to the modification, I had most empties either falling into the receiver, bouncing out the left side of the ejection port or dribbling out the right side of the receiver. I went to the range the past two weekends to test various ammo and have put 200 rounds through the rifle with no ejection problems. I noticed yesterday one empty did fly out the left side of the receiver but 1 out of 200 is a vast improvement over how it used to perform.

Folks complain about the ejection issue on these rifles and rightfully so. My new CZ 457 American exhibited no such issues. However, I view it like some 1911 pistols which need their ejectors tuned to eject right. Now that my Anschutz is tuned right, it is good to go.

Future Anschutz owners, if you have ejection problems, they can be fixed.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:04 PM
sp00ky2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just did the mod on my 1710. Works a lot better. Now I only get one or two fails instead of 10 or more per 100 rds and the empties get thrown farther.

One question, Does the beveling of the extractor/ejector tops in the pics actually do anything to help also?

In answer to my own question I did the beveling and it did improve the ejection. 1 case out of 100 and the cases are thrown even further like they should be. Thanks for mod tip.

Last edited by sp00ky2; 06-08-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:46 PM
MatTprop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thought Iíd give a report, have a new 1712 and shot about 300 rds through it today. It ejected all enthusiastically. Iím not sure if itís a problem that crops later though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2019, 08:00 PM
dgeesaman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatTprop View Post
Thought Iíd give a report, have a new 1712 and shot about 300 rds through it today. It ejected all enthusiastically. Iím not sure if itís a problem that crops later though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really doubt it will come up later as long as you keep things clean.
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
1761 Retainer - Extractor

Design features possibly helpful concerning 64, 54 extraction and ejection.
Thank You Allan. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1169617