Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:00 AM
sof
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Modify or new for one hole

I have had two CZ 455s, one in 22lr and one 17hmr, for about a year now, and while I enjoy both, the 17 is far and away preferred, mainly because of accuracy at 100 yards. When I do my part, the 17 which has a Lilja barrel, will shoot sub moa groups almost every time despite there being no true match type ammo made for it, but while the 22 is very good at 50 yards, the 100 yard groups just donít cut it. They are consistently between 1Ē and 2Ē with the occasional sub moa group thrown in. Ammo testing over 25 different types show that this gun, a heavy barreled varmint, prefers CCI SV for the plinker, SK rifle match for its midgrade, and, alas, Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match for price no object rounds. Since RWS 50 is reported to be the exact same as the no longer made Federal, thatís what I feed it for high end. Despite using those 3, it still only does less than 1Ē on very rare occasions at 100 yards.

So, hereís the question, since I am jonesing for a 1 hole group at 100, whatís the better way to go, have the CZ barreled, pillered, bedded, headspaced, etc. by a good gunsmith, or get a high end 22 like an Anschutz or Vudoo? I am hoping to go under $3000 if itís a new gun, and like the idea of the Vudoo for its no ramp feed system.

Or, am I just being unrealistic about what a 22 can do?
Old 10-10-2019, 11:08 AM
bunnytoo
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would go with the Vudoo, I have seen some do a .213 group at 100 yards. Here is one that shoots even better.
https://www.hillcountryrifles.com/pr...g-rifle-a1558/
Old 10-10-2019, 11:21 AM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
If your cool with and ready to pay $3000. Do the Vodoo. When you have a budget like that you actually have many options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 11:41 AM
sof
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Those are lovely numbers except for the price. Might have to wait another year to go that route.