YoDave Kit Pictorial - Page 13 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:06 PM
crsides
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsides View Post
We need a sticky that says not to replace the rear trigger pin with the old front trigger pin. Or maybe not.

I've had this little bump of a trigger "creep" since my brooks kit install. think the proper rear trigger pin may take care of it.

Charlie
update : the mysterious bump is now gone
Old 06-17-2017, 10:24 AM
Soonerbob
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
As a very long time hunter and someone who is now getting a lot of pleasure out of poking holes in paper since my retirement and having knee replacement, I just want to thank everyone on this forum. I have already learned a ton of things that are very applicable to my shooting. I am shooting my very first gun I ever had, a Mossberg 340K, Ruger 10/22's, and now have purchased my first CZ.......a 452 American. I see what all the talk is about and DO realize my wallet is in jeopardy. So far, every question I have had has been answered by searching the forum. What a treasure of information to have available. I just wanted to thank everyone who participates once again, and I am sure I will again as I find more things to help me in my rimfire adventures.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:10 PM
patseale
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I arrived at the point that I wished to use the Yo Dave kit to modify my CZ 452-2E American .22LR to convert the trigger to a bench configuration, light and crisp, which will be the only place this rifle will be used.

I did purchase a Wheeler trigger gauge, not required for the job, and a set of replacement action screws and front trigger plate wood screw with 4mm heads, also not required for the job. I reasoned the hex head action screws would help when it came to torqueing the action and stock back together without fear of marring the stock using a blade screw driver.

After ordering the kit, June 5th, I then began to read this entire tread and any related posts for understanding and pointers on what I was about to undertake having never before done any trigger work. The kit arrived Friday June,16th and by the early afternoon the mission was accomplished in a quick and no hassle manner. The instructions presented here and that came with the kit are straight forward and easy to follow. Just spent some skull sessions before hand in this thread and it’s a piece of cake.

The first thing I did was check to see what the level of trigger pull was as received from my dealer. It was a big 57 ounces with what I felt was a small amount of creep.

Here are the particulars of parts installed and the results.

The Green twelve thousands shim.
The next to lightest spring.
The roll pin for the front trigger bracket.

Torque applied in replacing the action screws 25 (inch-lbs). At lease that’s my starting point. We'll see at the range if I feel this needs tweaking. The dealer of the action screws I purchased suggests that most rimfire rifles exhibit best accuracy with the action screws torqued between 20 and 35 inch pounds.

Trigger break is now an average of 7.9oz, based on ten tests, and is crisp. Safety and bump test applied a number of times with no failures but I’ll be watching this. In my case this rifle is for bench rest applications only!

Notes: I did use a 1/16 drift for the front pin removal and a 3/32 drift for the rear pin. The front pin removal was smooth. Do block under the pin areas when driving leaving space for the pins to exit. On flattening the ends of the spring chosen I slipped the spring over a dowel with a snug fit and used a small hand file to remove what was needed. A little slower than a Dremel put less chance of eating too much of the spring.

P.S. Many thanks to OKShooter and all who have or will participate in this thread! X 10

Last edited by patseale; 06-18-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:53 PM
FMCDH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does someone have copies of the pics from the first page that we can re-link to since PhotoBucket has kicked off third-party site viewing?
Old 07-21-2017, 07:08 PM
GeorgeS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
There are videos on YouTube showing installation.

Here is one: https://youtu.be/anGbZLWy8pM
George

Last edited by GeorgeS; 07-21-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:56 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
Does someone have copies of the pics from the first page that we can re-link to since PhotoBucket has kicked off third-party site viewing?
I do. I'll get them posted soon.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:48 PM
SDBigDog1955

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Is the yo dave kit designed to give us a single pull trigger instead of a creep style two stage trigger? I have a 452 and get a little pull stop ... then the full pressure of the trigger and fire, which I don't mind at all if it would do that every time. One or two times out of a hundred it will fire on the first pull. I'm at 1.65 in lbs on the final pull and I like that feel. Not sure if I should change or not??
Old 05-10-2018, 10:55 AM
NashvilleStage
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The stock 452 trigger is a single stage trigger, and the YoDave kit doesn't change that. From your description, I'll guess that what you feel is actually a little bit of roughness on the trigger & sear surfaces as they slide along each other. I had a similar issue on my 452, and closer inspection revealed a tiny burr on one of those surfaces. I took a very fine stone & just barely touched the surfaces to polish them up & remove the burr. That fixed the issue for me. The nice side benefit of a smooth / polished trigger pull is that I didn't have to make the trigger pull weight dangerously light. It feels great, and the pull weight seems much lighter than it actually is.

If you decide to try polishing up those engagement surfaces, there are a few things to be careful about:
- Remove as little material as possible. Go slowly & re-test the trigger often. It's easy to take a little more off if needed; it's much harder to put it back on. 😉
- Be careful to align the stone exactly with the surface that you're polishing. If the stone is angled, then it will change the angle of the surface as it cuts, which could change how the trigger breaks.
- In a similar vein, be careful to keep the stone absolutely flat on the surface as you move the stone back & forth. It's easy to accidentally rock the stone a little as you polish, which would turn a flat surface into a slightly domed surface.
- Make sure to not round off the very tip of the square edge on the trigger & sear. It needs to stay square, otherwise the sear can accidentally slip past the trigger more easily if bumped, creating an unsafe trigger.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:24 PM
SDBigDog1955

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I have shot around 1500 rounds tru the cz 452 and the trigger didn't change, I still had that creep to the full release of the trigger. I installed the yo dave kit today, I used the red sleeve shim and the second strongest spring in the kit to get to 1.3 to 1.5 on the consent pull, no creep at all. I hit it real good thru the changing of springs, I started with the lightest and the second lightest. Both of those would release the trigger. But the third spring did the trick. I think it will be ok in the field. Raining here for the past three days. Can't get to the field when it is this wet, so I can't test the trigger. Man o man it fells great. I screwed the nut /washer up one full turn because it was pulling at about one pound and wasn't tripping after the rubber hammer. I feel better with the 1.3 pounds. Thanks for all the help I also sanded down the inside for arm stock so I could fold an piece of typing paper in half and it cleared the stock/barrel. Re sealed the wood. I used a 1/2" 3/8" long socket and wrapped the sand paper around it and it worked great to sand the inside stock and not hit the inside top edge of the stock. Set the torque at 25 in lbs. Ammo is showing up I will sight in with SK Standard and then test the other brands. This retirement thing is Great
Old 08-22-2018, 05:26 PM
hcaroselli

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks

Perfect timing. I am getting ready to Yo Dave my CZ.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2018, 02:41 AM
Explosive

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My yodave kit arrived today, I used it on two 455,s, a 22 Magnum varmint and a Lux. I used the second lightest spring on the magnum but it was much too light and mushy so I went to the next one up, that was perfect with no creep whatsoever.....That left the strongest spring for the Lux, that was also perfect with no creep at all.

The trigger pull on the Magnum is now 3lb.15 ounces as opposed to 3lb. 1 ounce before.

The trigger on the Lux is now 7lb. 2 ounces as opposed to 4lb. 2 ounces before

I let my wife have a go with the lux just to get a second opinion, she said "it's hardly noticeable at all now"

It was the shims that made all the difference. Both rifles withstood the bump test.

I have a 527 varmint with the SST. In normal mode the trigger pull is 2lb. 6.65 ounces, when set the pull is 10.6 ounces. I often shoot it when set without meaning to, I shot a hole in the floor of the truck once I will have to do something about it.

If I can give it a pull like my rimfires now have I will be happy.

Last edited by Explosive; 09-20-2018 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:07 PM
pedrozrf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi all!
It is unbelievable how things work here in Brazil. I had my yodave kit confiscated by Brazilian authorities.
Now I have two options, buy it again or buy several different springs on a shop here and test them. I will stick to the second option.
Could someone please send me the dimensions of the lightest spring of the kit?

length
wire diameter
spring diameter

Thanks!!
Old 09-02-2019, 11:31 AM
DWS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
any way to buy direct

I don't do either ebay or pay pal I got burned a couple times too many?

you can reply by PM