Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Magnum research 22 mag stainless

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Sophia 
#1 ·
Howdy, got a shot at picking one of these up. It’s the heavy stainless barrel. Anybody have this model? How does it shoot? Thank you.

#3 ·
I have the same rifle, heavy stainless barrel and a Hogue stock. Plan on upgrading the trigger if it hasn't been done and you will not be disappointed with the accuracy or any other aspect of the rifle. The trigger group is standard Ruger so you have plenty of options to choose from.

#6 ·
Hey yote, I know this thread is now a bit old, but was curious about what glass you settled on? I'm brand new to the forums and brand spanking new to the 22wmr. I grew up shooting 22lr from the time I could steady it, but never shot 22wmr until I found an old Chuckster with teeny tiny glass on it (circa 1960) that was my great grandfather's crow/rabbit/groundhog gun. I immediately knew that I wanted MORE of the 22wmr and ended up stumbling upon an MLR in the hogue stock with VQ stainless unfluted barrel and the VQ trigger group for a deal at this past weekend's gun show! It came topped with a Leupold VX II in 2-7x30 and I've been quite impressed with the setup! It is absolutely the perfect truck gun and I am never without it or my S&W model 17 while I'm out on the farm!

#7 ·
Hope that saying mine did not function properly right out of the box does not violate the rules here.

I did contact the Company, great people, and said that it would fail to eject at least two rounds of every fill (CCI 40 gr jhp-'Choot em-) It is back at MR and the initial thoughts from the Company was that the magazine was suspect but that the rifle should be sent back to be checked.

Promptly sent a UPS ticket-am curious as to if others have had this issue-strongly considering getting rid of it as soon as I get the rifle back, and of course verify that it has indeed been fixed, don't want to stick some other person with a bad one.

Now two in a row, the fake Steyr RFR and now issues immediately with a MR.

Hope the last comment was not -mean- but I'll find out, perhaps another pm with a stern warning about trying to make sure others know of issues.

Back in your court Mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.