Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:10 PM
acasto

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

You are experiencing 12 MOA, look it up:
https://www.google.com/search?safe=o...btG7QCvF5zY%3D
3 MOA is probably what the OP seeks, it's what I expect out of my not-yet-fired Takedown.

Exactly!

3moa is way more acceptable to me.

That mount is pricey. May try to get one of their dovetail nuts and see what I could do with it and a short pic rail with a radius base.
More than one way to skin a cat.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:11 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs down thats My point too.

If MOA gets bigger the farther away the target is , the smaller it gets the closer the target is,thatís why you need more clicks on a scope to move an inch at 25 yards than you do at 50 and then les at 100.so if my red dot is 3 MOA,and an MOA is 1 inch at 100 yards the dot covers 3 inches at 100 yards, 6 inches at 50 yards and 12 inches at 25 .yards. Even if itís a 1 MOA dot thatís 4 inches.

So what kind of variation in the attatchment of the barrel could possible have a deleterious effect on such an inherently imprecise optic as a red dot on a rifle caliber that is inherently imprecise after 100 yards,out of an inherently imprecise semi automatic blow back mass marketed plinker?

Additionally my point also was I have a receiver mounted optic and I use it weekly and the point of impact and the point of aim have never ever changed.

Ps the browning cantilever rail for the SA weighs a ton and doesnít have the clearance to fit over the Rugers Receiver.

Are you building real guns, or ones for your video games?
Old 06-11-2018, 12:55 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
If MOA gets bigger the farther away the target is , the smaller it gets the closer the target is,thatís why you need more clicks on a scope to move an inch at 25 yards than you do at 50 and then les at 100.so if my red dot is 3 MOA,and an MOA is 1 inch at 100 yards the dot covers 3 inches at 100 yards, 6 inches at 50 yards and 12 inches at 25 .yards. Even if itís a 1 MOA dot thatís 4 inches.

So what kind of variation in the attatchment of the barrel could possible have a deleterious effect on such an inherently imprecise optic as a red dot on a rifle caliber that is inherently imprecise after 100 yards,out of an inherently imprecise semi automatic blow back mass marketed plinker?

Additionally my point also was I have a receiver mounted optic and I use it weekly and the point of impact and the point of aim have never ever changed.

Ps the browning cantilever rail for the SA weighs a ton and doesnít have the clearance to fit over the Rugers Receiver.

Are you building real guns, or ones for your video games?
You have that backwards. A 4 MOA dot will cover 1" at 25 yards, 4" at 100 yards and 8" at 200 yards.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:30 PM
acasto

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
I take my take down to the range weekly. Out of the car, where it lives , on the range , out of the bag , assemble it and put all 25 rounds into a 3 inch bull at 25 yards.i have never once in over 30 weeks adjusted the red dot. Are you trying to kill salamanders, carpenter bees, or birds? Really , the variation of the point of impact is going to minimal on the takedown unless you run it loose, and then your gonna have accuracy problems galore.
If you were talking about a scope with magnification , I could understand your desire, but red dots arenít magnified , have 3 MOA dots, that means they are good for 3 inch groups , thatís a big group, so if the barrel was a smidge different than the last time you screwed it together, you probably couldnít tell the difference.

But hey, the heart wants what the heart wants, so wastevyour time and money trying to do what no one else does. God knows we have all done that before. I keep on buying different scopes when I know which one works the best for me, in the hope that I will find something better.
So, at 25 yards, a 3 moa dot would cover .75 inches. Not 3". It seems repeat ability might be an issue for you also.
Want to talk about a barrel mount?
Old 06-11-2018, 05:58 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Outerimpact makes adapters for red dots. I emailed them about a barrel mount for the 10-22 takedown and they are looking into it. I used their Marlin adapter on my 1894CS receiver and it fit perfectly. My Vortex Venom found a home and sits at least a 1/4" lower than with the rail.
https://www.at3tactical.com/products...BoC7CUQAvD_BwE
Old 06-11-2018, 08:25 PM
acasto

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
JTJ
That's some good info. Please let me know what they say.
I have a Vortex Venom on my Buckmark that may find its way to the 10/22.
Or, I may just have to get a second one. Light, small and somewhat accurate is what I am chasing. I have a ravine about 30 feet deep, and heavily wooded, behind my home that will become a good still hunting spot with a suppressed 22.

Thanks
Tony
Old 07-04-2018, 12:18 PM
plumas
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What's the latest on scope mounts...a new owner of a TD here looking to learn from those that have gone before. Good info already posted just wondering what you gents settled on after your research.

Without replacing the stock a scout mount looks unlikely although it would be my choice as it would be fun to try something different. Was feeling a simple small 2x or 3x fixed power would be sleek and do me for the 50-75 yards I can shoot straight. Can't locate a factory barrel base though.

In the opinions of those that have scoped their TD on the receiver rail...sounds like quick connect rings are working with little change in zero...do I read that right??
Old 07-04-2018, 04:01 PM
acasto

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Don't have a solution yet. Building and selling a home has me busy right now.
Been looking into getting the adjustment down on the take down assembly.
Mine was pretty loose from the factory. Have not been able to test any results yet.

Good Luck
Tony