100% (2)

Old 01-20-2019, 08:20 AM
JMKnowles
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel116 View Post
Im surprized at how protective most of you are over such a %%%%ty gun.....the marlin 795 is the lamest gun you can buy...I know this cause I bought mine the day I turned 18 and I got it cause it was the cheapest one in big 5..and with a out the door cost of $114 i sure did have a sacred piece of art...don't get me wrong, I had a great time with the little rifle for many years. Then after I had "real" guns the marlin was rarely ever shot...so like I do with my cars or motorcycles...I started to tinker with it..I am not a machinist or a fabricator... I'm a dude with limited money and a small garage full of tools...anyways I see this was the wrong forum for me...for those interested the rifle does work, it is open bolt, select fire, suppressed and it holds zero without a jam every time...it was no easy task by the way...lots of learning in the build process...I am sure most of you bashing it have never tried to design an action for a gun, and would probably fail if you did...I know from experience...not from regurgitated forum posts...i had a great time building the gun and i still have fun shooting it! So to all of you purists who cant stand that I've defiled your beautiful plastic stock rifle...go %%%% yourselves!
Maybe had you explained all that in your first post you would have gotten a much different response from everyone.

Well, maybe not with that last sentence you wrote.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:15 PM
Hard H2O
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel116 View Post
Im surprized at how protective most of you are over such a %%%%ty gun.....the marlin 795 is the lamest gun you can buy...I know this cause I bought mine the day I turned 18 and I got it cause it was the cheapest one in big 5..and with a out the door cost of $114 i sure did have a sacred piece of art...don't get me wrong, I had a great time with the little rifle for many years. Then after I had "real" guns the marlin was rarely ever shot...so like I do with my cars or motorcycles...I started to tinker with it..I am not a machinist or a fabricator... I'm a dude with limited money and a small garage full of tools...anyways I see this was the wrong forum for me...for those interested the rifle does work, it is open bolt, select fire, suppressed and it holds zero without a jam every time...it was no easy task by the way...lots of learning in the build process...I am sure most of you bashing it have never tried to design an action for a gun, and would probably fail if you did...I know from experience...not from regurgitated forum posts...i had a great time building the gun and i still have fun shooting it! So to all of you purists who cant stand that I've defiled your beautiful plastic stock rifle...go %%%% yourselves!
I will disagree with you on the 795 being lame. It is inexpensive to be sure. I believe they are more accurate and a better rifle than the Rugers. If you have kids they are a great bargain as a firearm, in ammunition, and in time spent with the kids at the range. They serve a different purpose for me than any of my other rifles or firearms.

What does it matter if you have limited funds and tools. What does it matter that it is not an heirloom or that you only paid $114. It was not a sacred piece of art. You still took a good rifle and ruined it and by your account broke the law in doing so. By posting it in here were you proud of your work and wanted to show it off? Have you seen in the ultimates section what can be done with minimal tools?

It does not take a shop full of tools to turn a barreled action into a great shooting rifle.

I was trying to be tongue in cheek with my initial reply. Whatever floats you boat and all. Just do not get all butt hurt when everyone does not pour praise on your %%%%%%%ization of a fine firearm. Upon initial viewing of your photos I ran out to ensure my tetanus shot was up to date.

Good luck. I hope no one alerts the ATF to this if indeed you did convert it to select fire. I would suggest deleting your posts and fleeing the country.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:02 PM
Pak75

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bubba has a shed full of tools too. It doesn't mean he is good at modifying firearms. Illegal modifications at that if you live in the US.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:43 PM
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Now if the base gun were an Anschutz or SAKO, etc. I could understand the carping. But it was a $114 well used Marlin. What cheaper gun would/could you use as a weird experimental project gun. Is this any worse than someone buying a NIB classic gun and then actually shooting it?
Old 01-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Hard H2O
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alro41 View Post
Now if the base gun were an Anschutz or SAKO, etc. I could understand the carping. But it was a $114 well used Marlin. What cheaper gun would/could you use as a weird experimental project gun. Is this any worse than someone buying a NIB classic gun and then actually shooting it?
Not really carping. Just expressing an opinion.

Posting pics like that really begs to be replied to.

It was not even a good effort. If it was just dropping in a bullpup kit and stock and maintaining it as a legal semi-auto I would not have said a word. Bullpups are not my thing but a good faith effort to transform it into something decent would be OK.

Trying to improve ergonomics, accuracy, function... while maintaining a modicum if aesthetics would have elicited approval from me.

This is an illegal abomination. I do not believe in participation ribbons. If you win great I will applaud you. If you do OK I will pat you on the back and say better luck next time. If you cobble together a welder's and gunsmith's nightmare and then post it as though you are the next great John Cantius Garand, John Moses Browning, Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov, Samuel Colt... I will question that and tell you that I disagree.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Big Shrek
US Army Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think with a little more work it had potential! Ok, a lot more work!!

Altho folks immediately started with the heavily negative comments.
So I can understand the OP's response to their douchebaggery.
Heck, just seeing that the guy was new meant ya gotta TEACH before jumping all over their bootay!
Frankly this USED to be the Nicest Forum on the 'Net.
After reading comments like those, I think we've lost that title.

Probably the best Bullpups I've seen so far were done by that Defconludesky or whatever...been so long I forget how to spell it...
he put 795's into a P90 airsoft stock & a Tavor Airsoft stock and they looked GREAT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marlin 795 tavor stock.jpg (333.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg well-p-90-1802.jpg (52.8 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Big Shrek; 02-03-2019 at 11:15 PM.