Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-05-2020, 09:42 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TC/R 22

Well, it was a lovely day today here in nowhere good so I took my TC/R 22 recently scoped with a Weaver RV-9 to the range for some shooting. Well I got sighted in very quickly a few cold bore (new bore) flyers high left and it settled in.

It shoot fairly poorly. I moved to 50 yards and was very disappointed. I called Randy at CPC and he's too busy to look at it till at least June. I think I'll try a trigger. The factory trigger isn't horrific but after shooting Kidd’s and such for so long, well it stinks in comparison.

I'm gonna go back through the rifle. Not ready to give up on it just yet.

The quest continues, I sure wish this had started out better!

Last edited by Jammer22; 02-06-2020 at 04:08 AM. Reason: R
Old 02-05-2020, 09:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What group size at 50yd is poorly?
Old 02-06-2020, 04:07 AM
Jammer22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
An inch (plus) @ 50.

I tried
CCI SV
Mini mags
Federal Target
Hunter March
Aguila

Iíve got some SK and Lapua and lots of Eley that I can try. Maybe some of it is trigger it was a bad day all around
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2020, 04:30 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yep, mine has not performed up to my expectations either. I've not shot it all that much, given the results from my first several range sessions. Based on a minimum of five 5-shot groups for each ammo type, and a little over 50 groups overall, my averages at 50 yards were:

CCI SV = 0.98"
Federal Gold Medal Target = 1.84"
Aguila SV = 1.60"
Norma Tac 22 = 1.15"
SK+ = 0.82"

Pretty pathetic really. Given that it seemed to be well machined, with higher quality components and more features than my stock 10/22 carbine (with a Brimstone Tier 3 trigger job), I was disappointed to find that it didn't shoot as well as the stock 10/22. I think the trigger is partly to blame on the T/C R22. It felt a bit mushy brand new and is a huge difference from the 10/22's improved trigger.

I'm not giving up on it yet, because I do like the extra features and extremely light weight. But at the moment, it is just a plinker.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:30 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
I'll plead guilty to posting cherry picked groups but my TC/R 22 shoots pretty danged good, left is 25 yards and right 50 yards and that's with my suppressor on, don't remember the ammo right now.

Don't give up too quickly. Trigger is better than any of my 10/22's out of the box but that's not saying much.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:23 AM
Jammer22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cherry Picker!

Thanks Cabin & GMD... I'm gonna go through it again, check the V-block & slap a Kidd trigger group I have laying around. Maybe the action screw tension etc. Sigh...
Old 02-06-2020, 02:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After GMD's post I went back through my target results. I found a few nice groups that were 1/2" or less for CCI SV, Tac 22, and SK+ so I can shoot it well, sometimes. Just not consistently well. I think a large part of that is simply me. Although I shoot from a bench, I am not a benchrest shooter. I haven't figured out the best way to shoot this very light rifle yet. I have experimented with a couple tweaks to my technique and will continue until I sort it out. Part of the fun, eh?

I've toyed with the idea of sending the TC R22 trigger group off to Brimstone, but there are plenty of other rimfire projects/upgrades competing for the money that would cost.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:18 PM
Jammer22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin22 View Post
After GMD's post I went back through my target results. I found a few nice groups that were 1/2" or less for CCI SV, Tac 22, and SK+ so I can shoot it well, sometimes. Just not consistently well. I think a large part of that is simply me. Although I shoot from a bench, I am not a benchrest shooter. I haven't figured out the best way to shoot this very light rifle yet. I have experimented with a couple tweaks to my technique and will continue until I sort it out. Part of the fun, eh?

I've toyed with the idea of sending the TC R22 trigger group off to Brimstone, but there are plenty of other rimfire projects/upgrades competing for the money that would cost.
WOW! Sounds like we are living the same life! I'm not a Benchrest shooter and so far I've only shot mine off a bench. At this point, adding $85.00 to the cost of this rifle isn't in the cards. Too many other projects!
Old 02-06-2020, 04:02 PM
shightower

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had no accuracy issues out of mine. I have a bipod mounted on the front, and im Shooting CCI standard velocity ammo.
I feel like the stock is a little awkward for precision target shooting , and I cant get my eye relief adjusted.
Im still working on this issue.

Is there truth to accuracy changing the more its shot? Ive heard it changes due to the wax coating on the .22 ammo. What I cant remember is if it gets better or worse??
Old 02-08-2020, 05:43 AM
Jammer22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíll take it out next week and keep working on it
Old 02-09-2020, 12:46 PM
rustic bob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Put a Wolf trigger spring in mine, $15.00, made a huge difference, pretty happy with it now.