Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:15 PM
45Man

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ruger American Rimfire #8378

https://ruger.com/products/americanR...eets/8378.html

Two-tone target stock features a two-way adjustable comb, adjustable length of pull with soft rubber buttpad, QD attachment points and flush-mounted lower M-LOK® rail.

I don't see the flush-mounted lower M-LOK® rail in any of the pictures or exactly how long or where located.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:18 PM
polarys425
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Being as it is flush mount, and none of the pictures show the underside of the forearm, you're not going to be able to see it.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:19 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Still no match chamber

Make it a 16” barrel with a match chamber and a target trigger all for the same msrp and then we would be cooking with gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2019, 08:45 AM
45Man

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarys425 View Post
Being as it is flush mount, and none of the pictures show the underside of the forearm, you're not going to be able to see it.
If you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank3 View Post
Still no match chamber

Make it a 16” barrel with a match chamber and a target trigger all for the same msrp and then we would be cooking with gas...
Seems to be a lot of extra money for nothing.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Bimmer74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45Man View Post
I don't see the flush-mounted lower M-LOK® rail in any of the pictures or exactly how long or where located.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarys425 View Post
Right, it's under the forend, where the sling swivel studs would normally be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank3 View Post
Make it a 16” barrel with a match chamber and a target trigger all for the same msrp and then we would be cooking with gas...
Quote:
Seems to be a lot of extra money for nothing.
My first reaction was: Awesome!

And then I realized that it's just a painted laminate stock (not fiberglass or something fancy).

Really, it's nothing more than a painted laminate stock...
Old 12-15-2019, 01:14 PM
rolltide

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I was hopeful this would be a step-up for the American...but no match chamber and nothing special about the trigger doesn't help its cause...

I thought it might be a good option for NRL22 base class...but I'm doubtful it will shoot with the CZ's and Tikka's...
Old 12-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Bimmer74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hate to be a buzzkill, but this really only makes sense for somebody who wants an RAR with a "target" style stock and doesn't want to bother buying one from Boyd's or whomever.

Depending on the street price, it might be cheaper than buying a regular rifle and an extra stock, but maybe not...
Old 12-15-2019, 01:56 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
My RAR I've had have been more than accurate enough for squirrels but with the name and look of this one as well as price there is no reason it shouldn't be as good as a CZ or Tikka but sadly it will likely not measure up without a better chamber or trigger. Some will get a good one and some won't.

Now as to my opinion. I've become a trigger/gun snob over the years and it makes me see things in a pessimistic way when new gun come out. I always want to make them better, aka something they are not.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:53 PM
polarys425

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
If you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

That's a rather ignorant comment. A person can't see his own arse hole either... But we all have one, and well, I'll be nice.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:24 PM
Talyn

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user adjustable between three and five pounds, allowing shooters to make that perfect shot.

Ruger should have done better than that. Adjustable between 3-5 lbs? 3 lbs should have been the upper end.

I wonder if the Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger can be replaced with a much better Kidd.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:22 PM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user adjustable between three and five pounds, allowing shooters to make that perfect shot.

Ruger should have done better than that. Adjustable between 3-5 lbs? 3 lbs should have been the upper end.

I wonder if the Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger can be replaced with a much better Kidd.
No. But the trigger adjustment spring can be removed and it'll have a nice 1.5# trigger.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:10 PM
Talyn

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
No. But the trigger adjustment spring can be removed and it'll have a nice 1.5# trigger.
OK, understand. It's just the standard RAR Target (same trigger) in a new stock and longer barrel.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:51 PM
Harv24
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yup, Agree, needs a match chamber and a 16" barrel with a better trigger..
C'mon Ruger...Get it right.
It's a rifle marketed for Precision...but it has Plinker engineering.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:41 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
95% (17)
If you are after a better rifle stop whining and go buy one. Why would people expect a budget rifle to have what individuals want?
Old 12-19-2019, 09:13 PM
68hoyt

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Everybody is wanting 16 “ barrels , am I the only one that was wanting something longer than the 18”!barrels that keep coming out ? Like this 22” or a 24”