Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

17HM2

10K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Blazer037 
#1 · (Edited)
What is the best 17hm2 to purchase? I am torn between a used anschutz 1502, CZ, or buying a new savage mkII and dumping money into it or buying a volquartsen summit. Anybody have any good insite on these choices or handled a couple of them?
Thanks

#45 ·
I went with a 455 stainless cheap synthetic stock. I dropped the 22 barrel and put on a Lilja drop in from the first run they did. Had to do some sanding (routing) work to get the barrel the way I wanted. Fixed the trigger (Yodave). The gun out shoots me but, one hole (ragged) at 25 and pretty close at 50 with Eley ammo. Thats all I need for tree rats. I couldn't be happier.

#47 ·
I just got a 452 Varmint HM2 from my LGS that used to always tell me when they got a cz in. I'd been looking long and hard too. Was in there for something else, and happened to see it. It's at smith now getting barrel threaded (that's another addiction) and I'm doing a stir of the scopes to get the right one on it. Hopefully it shoots as well as my only other varmint, a .22. Guess best way to find something is to quit looking for it....

#48 ·
The only HM2’s I have left are my 10/22 with Volquartsen carbon barrel conversion, and an NEF break barrel I got for $90 brand new out the door. Most of the ones I had shot well - I really wanted the anschutz 1502 to be the best but it wasn’t. The volquartsen barreled one is easily the best one I ever owned. The break barrel is as good as any of the others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.