Glock pistols... - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:18 PM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Glock pistols...

Anyone else have a 2nd gen Glock 17 ?
I have both..
A G17L. (Longslide) Brazilian army. 2nd gen...
And a gen 3 , G17
I put the 17 standard slide on the Gen2...
I'm really starting to like it alot.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:03 PM
B23
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm not a real big Glock guy but I've had a few and currently still have a Gen4 G17 that is a nice gun to shoot. For the money, Glock makes a very reliable and well shooting handgun.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:06 PM
VASCAR2
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The only Glock I ever sold was a Glock 35 which I rarely shot since I was issued a Glock 22. My current Glock inventory.

Glock 27 Gen 3
Glock 22 Gen 3
Glock 42
Glock 19 Gen 4
Glock 43
Glock 48

Advantage Arms LE 26/27 kit on a dedicated Gen 3 Glock 26 frame
Advantage Arms Target 17/22 kit on a Gen 3 Glock 17 frame
Advantage Arms LE 19/23 kit on a Gen 3 Glock 23 frame
Advantage Arms LE Gen 4 19/23 kit on a Gen 4 Glock 23 frame

Time will tell if I end up with a Glock 44 but I wouldn’t be surprised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 03:04 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I have a 23 and a 34. Both Gen 4.

I put a 9mm conversion barrel in the 23, greatly enhanced its utility for me.

Both guns are remarkably reliable and trustworthy. I do some silly competitive stuff with guns, and the only time I have ever had a malfunction was after submerging the 23 in some gawdawful muddy slop I actually had to swim through. And even then, it only malfunctioned due to a mud-fulled magazine. Pop the rounds out, pee on the mag (yep), push rounds back in, good-to-go. Yes, it did receive a proper cleaning later on.

But the thing is, the Glock grip angle and blocky grip profile don't work well for me. About two years ago I bought a Walther Q5, and my shooting performance improved immediately. And the Walther has taken all the abuse I can throw at it. Hardly shoot the Glocks at all now. Nothing wrong with them, just not my faves.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:08 PM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've got a Gen-2 Glock 17, purchased new in early 1991. It hasn't had the voluntary recall work done (Trigger/FP). Mine came with the heavy factory trigger (about 7.5lbs), but after a Wolfe upgrade (2013) it's now at about 5.25lbs. Somehow I got clumsy and managed to break off the factory adjustable polymer rear sight, so now it has Meprolight Tru-Dot adjustable night sights, an expensive but worth while upgrade/repair that was done with the trigger. The sights still glow nicely.

I'm so glad I found and read this thread, as it made me pull the G17 out of the safe earlier. In looking it over I realized I failed to clean it with another Glock (21) after shooting them many weeks ago. I also discovered the front sight was loose, so I used some blue Loctite on the screw and torqued it down good.

My only complaint with this awesome and highly reliable gun is the safe-action trigger. For some reason (slightly large hands with long fingers maybe?) I naturally tend to squeeze the trigger with the 1st joint of my trigger finger. Only with this pistol, something about the trigger "bites" my finger making it sore and irritated. I have to (try and) remember to use the 1st pad and not the joint. Besides, this gun (with me at the controls) is far more accurate using the pad verses the 1st joint. I just need to remember this when I take it out.

Although I don't have a G19 (thus no need for a "trainer"), I still badly want a new Glock 44. My only thing is the lack of over 10 round magazines, so I'm planning to wait for the higher capacity ones to come out. Other wise I know exactly what I'd do. I'd buy the G44 and a total of 6 (10 round) magazines. Then I'd buy 6 more Hi-Cap mags when they come out. At a suggested $30 a piece for the 10 round mags, this makes no sense! I hope I can be patient!
Old 01-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
I have several Glocks and carry a G19 or G23/9. I have a G17 that has a Vanek trigger and ported LW barrel, that is a great shooter!