Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:34 PM
savage2
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Auto match

I like it, it worked well in my MKIII, shoot well also, any one use it???
Old 06-28-2017, 05:56 PM
retiredsarge48
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Have been having trouble with getting photo bucket to post pics or would have showed some pics of what FAM will do in my Stevens 416. I had been looking for some cheaper target ammo and tried some CCISV in both my target rifles but it only shot well in my CZ. I had noticed (because I load the 416 single shot) that the CCI showed some resistance the last 1/4 " when loading it so tried some FAM and was amazed at the groups I was getting at 50 yds. An occasional flyer, yes, but also many groups that were under 1/2 inch, basically the sought after bug hole.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:29 PM
Mike3838
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have very good results with Federal Auto Match. It seems to be one of those rounds that people love or hate, no in between. I bought 4 cases, 13,000 rounds before last years election, so I'm glad it works well for me. At the club I'm a member of they have a winter Combat Pistol league for both .22 and center fire. I used my 22/45 MkII in the .22 matches and made Master. Not one failure of any kind during the 7 weeks of matches. My high score of this league session was 475 of a possible 480. So needless to say, it works for me.

Federal AM22 also works well in both my Ruger 10/22s. Not super accurate, around 3/4 inch groups at 25 yards, but very reliable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2017, 06:46 PM
Mgars

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excellent results in my mkii. No issues. I buy a brick whenever I can.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:12 PM
acechanley
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yep stuff is good in most of my guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2017, 12:36 AM
maxiball
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good stuff in all my .22 r.f. arms.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:11 AM
US Marines Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It's my main range ammo. It does very well in my S&W 617.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:46 AM
Shraven

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
I've been one of the unlucky ones who have had more trouble with this ammo than any other (and I shoot a lot of golden bullets). I've got 2 cases I bought back when this was one of the only consistently available ammo types around and I can't seem to get any interest in local sales even at lower than Walmart price. I'm not sure if that means others aren't fond of it, or there is just too much ammo available in stores for people to pay attention. Looking like I might have to shoot through it myself, but there are worse problems in the world than having to shoot 6000 rounds of ammo!
Old 06-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I shoot a lot of Automatch out of my custom 10/22's and for the most part have had really good luck with it. In a couple of my Feddersen barreled 10/22's it is the most accurate round I have found out to 50 yards. In those particular rifles it shoots better than all the high end stuff I've tried. I don't know if I just got lucky and got a really good lot or if it just really is that good. I bought a case worth of the same lot # so I won't be trying another lot till I finish that off.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Mike09
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been using it for 3 years or so. Pretty consistent in my 10/22 and Remington 597 as well as my Henry carbine. All 3 guns are factory stock except the Ruger has a BX trigger. Decent groups in the Ruger and Remington with the Henry showing the widest groups although not that bad just an inch or so more than the other 2 at 50 yards. I break down the bulk boxes into empty CCI 50 and 100 round trays to take to the range. That probably has no effect on how they work other than keeping them from banging around loose in the cardboard bulk box, plus it makes the range bag a little lighter.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:28 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have some I'm using up. The published velocity falls between most SV and HV, and it does seem to screw up my sight settings for other ammo, slightly. It's not bad ammo, except for that.

Last edited by bearcatter; 06-30-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:29 PM
VGEHTS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraven View Post
I've been one of the unlucky ones who have had more trouble with this ammo than any other (and I shoot a lot of golden bullets). I've got 2 cases I bought back when this was one of the only consistently available ammo types around and I can't seem to get any interest in local sales even at lower than Walmart price. I'm not sure if that means others aren't fond of it, or there is just too much ammo available in stores for people to pay attention. Looking like I might have to shoot through it myself, but there are worse problems in the world than having to shoot 6000 rounds of ammo!
No,your not the only one to have trouble....
On this site and others,I posted my issues with Fed Auto-Match bulk white box.
I bought 20 bricks (two cases) since Feb 2017.
The copy right dates on the problem ammo were if I remember, 2008. I notified Federal.....never heard back. Also gave them a bad rating on Dicks Sporting Goods review.
So far,their later produced stuff...ie: 2016 no problems, 'cept one cartridge split and stuck in the chamber. I posted that recently but with Photobucket now charging for their photo hosting,those pictures are only in my computer and not on line anymore.
Federal now offers a smaller bulk pak but the lead bullet looks to be coated with some sorta black coating/jacket.
Like you,I've had great luck with the Rem Golden Bullet bulk packs. And again just recently,1 split cartridge stuck in the chamber. But I do like the stuff,....they feel like they hit stronger than the Fed Auto-Match.....but then that's "seat of my pants" feeling. They also seem to be "cleaner" with the coated lead bullet.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:36 PM
TRG3

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Being a hunter rather than a target shooter, I just came back from the rifle range where my Ruger 10-22 shot 10 of the Federal Auto-Match .22s into a hole roughly the size of your little fingernail at 25 yards with no FTF, more than adequate for tree squirrel hunting. Through my CZ 452 FS, it did the same thing. So, for my use, this .22 cartridge certainly passes the test.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Wrench Man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've got about half a box here that I'll probably never finish off!?, junk!
Old 07-02-2017, 04:10 AM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Of the dozen HV rounds I've tried in my new 10/22 Fed AM and Aguila HV are the most accurate, with no failures. It's funny that right now those are two of the cheapest available.
Next best are various CCIs, other Federals and Aguilas.
Worst are Rem GBs and Win Super-Xs; both horribly inaccurate.