Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:30 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
TacSol combo

I just noticed that TacSol is now offering there .920 takedown barrel with the Magpul X-22 stock, in addition to the Hogue. The only thing that was stopping me from buying the combo before was I wanted the Magpul stock and didn't want to spend $320 on the TacSol w/Hogue stock, the another $130 on the Magpul stock. So this combo is exactly what I'm looking for. That being said the cheapest I could find this setup was $409. Was wondering if anyone has seen it for a better price. If so could you let me know please. Thank you
Old 02-09-2017, 12:34 AM
Iris223

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am interested in this as well. I havent even seen the magpul / barrel combo in stock anywhere yet. Does anyone else know of one in stock?
Old 02-09-2017, 07:16 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I just looked on OpticsPlanet and they said they were in Stock.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Iris223

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I just looked on OpticsPlanet and they said they were in Stock.
I looked on opticsplanet and found the stocks to be on a 4-6 week delay. Am I looking at the wrong one?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/tactical...-TDC-GMG-M-BLK
Old 02-16-2017, 08:05 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
No, you are looking at the right one. I just looked and they say in Stock. But when you click to order it says expected delivery in 4-6 weeks. They also have the barrel only that says the same. I didn't notice the 4-6 weeks when I looked
Old 02-26-2017, 11:36 AM
weeesss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After debating a year or more about upgrading mine, I just ordered the Hogue combo from Brownell's for $285 after coupon and free shipping. I can still get he Magpul stock and cost would be about the same as the $409 for the X22 combo.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I have 2 of the TacSol Hogue combos and couldn't be happier with them. I got my last one the other day for $279 with free shipping from Rimfire Sports & Custom. Excellent upgrade to the TD, for the same price that some charge for just the barrel. I was very impressed with the improvement in accuracy, and how light and we'll balanced it felt my first time picking it up. All I had to do when installing was turn the receiver ring a couple extra clicks and it's very solid and consistent. If you haven't already used the Hogue combo I think you'll be very happy with it. The only reason I wanted the magpul TD is because I already have 2 of the Hogue's. Congrats and good luck with the new setup.

Last edited by Nick7274; 02-26-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:37 PM
weeesss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How does one go about adjusting the sights? I put mine together just now and I see the rear blade is on a spring, but I do not have a manual to adjust the sights.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:15 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeesss View Post
How does one go about adjusting the sights? I put mine together just now and I see the rear blade is on a spring, but I do not have a manual to adjust the sights.

I sent you a pm, but in case you didn't get it. I've never used the open sights on mine. But the flathead screw on the top of the rear sight is to adjust for elevation, screw down to move poa up and vice versa. There is a smaller flathead screw on the right side to adjust windage. Same idea, move it left to move poa right and vice versa. Good luck
Old 03-21-2017, 08:32 PM
weeesss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. Much appreciated. I am going to put my scope back on but want to get the sights right first.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Smithjss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have 2 of the TacSol Hogue combos and couldn't be happier with them. I got my last one the other day for $279 with free shipping from Rimfire Sports & Custom. Excellent upgrade to the TD, for the same price that some charge for just the barrel. I was very impressed with the improvement in accuracy, and how light and we'll balanced it felt my first time picking it up. All I had to do when installing was turn the receiver ring a couple extra clicks and it's very solid and consistent. If you haven't already used the Hogue combo I think you'll be very happy with it. The only reason I wanted the magpul TD is because I already have 2 of the Hogue's. Congrats and good luck with the new setup.
I did the same but bought the takedown x-ring receiver and barrel from Rimfire Sports and the Hunter TD stock separately. Alan is a great guy to deal with there.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithjss View Post
Quote:
I did the same but bought the takedown x-ring receiver and barrel from Rimfire Sports and the Hunter TD stock separately. Alan is a great guy to deal with there.

Yes he is. I actually had an issue with my order and he was very quick to respond to my emails. Took care of my problem right away.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:48 PM
handlebar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Optics Planet just told me there is a 7-16 day wait for the X-22 backpacker stock. I ordered one for $103 which includes shipping. I hope they were not lying to me.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:45 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
Optics Planet just told me there is a 7-16 day wait for the X-22 backpacker stock. I ordered one for $103 which includes shipping. I hope they were not lying to me.
I've had pretty good luck with Optics Planet as far as delivery estimates. I find they are usually earlier than I expect.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:04 PM
TemplarMachine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had terrible luck with optics planet and will never order again. I do have a connection with tac sol ?