Valquartsen Scorpion Holster (with suppressor?) - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Snowgun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Valquartsen Scorpion Holster (with suppressor?)

So I have a nice new Valquartsen Scorpion 4.5" pistol with the 1911 frame. (I believe it is the open model, as it comes with the compensator).

I am looking for a holster, preferably kydex OWB. If I can modify the end so it can handle a suppressor its a bonus.

I've looked around and can't seem to find anything that handles the square rail top of the scorpion.

Is there a holster for another make of pistol that fits? or is there one for the scorpion?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Schwankster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just picked up the same style upper (the new all-stainless steel 4.5" LLV) and I've been looking for a holster, too. No luck so far, unless I want a generic nylon soft holster. I'd prefer a Kydex holster, or something more form-fitting than a generic holster. There has to be someone out there with a Scorpion or LLV upper in a holster - please share what you've got.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:26 AM
Geo

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Holster

I would suggest a call or email directly to Volquartsen. I have contacted them several times over the last couple of years and have always gotten the info (or parts) that I needed. They are a great company to deal with. Good luck on finding a holster. George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Schwankster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I tried contacting VC about a holster for the Scorpion (or LLV upper) but I never received a response back. I finally gave up my search and had a holster custom made for my Scorpion.

Scorpion in holster.jpg

Scorpion with holster.jpg

It is curved to fit on my hip, and has loops for a 1.5" belt. The belt loops can be adjusted/moved for a higher carry or a rearward cant. The back side conforms perfectly to the extended bolt release and the thumb rest on the Hogue grip.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 AM
NighthawkT3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice job! May I ask who made it?
Old 01-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Schwankster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It was done by a local company in San Antonio called "On Your 6 Designs" (www.onyour6designs.com). They make all kinds of kydex holsters to fit common pistols, and will custom make any gun, magazine, or knife holster if you can bring the item to them for forming. It only took them an hour from the time I dropped off my pistol until they called me to say it was ready. They can make them in a variety of colors, and I chose the black carbon fiber because I thought it went well with the black pistol.

They seem to specialize in concealed carry holsters (inside the waistband), but I wanted something for competitions so they made mine as a standard belt holster.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:17 AM
NighthawkT3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks!