Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:39 PM
wdl002
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LVT with HV ammo

What kind of groups is everyone getting with their LVT, have one ordered it will be used for hunting and maybe some paper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Holeshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You will want to try several brands to see what is best in your individual rifle. My LVT likes CCI MiniMags and certainly qualifies for uses you intend for your rifle.

My LVT is used for the same purposes and in my mind is the perfect choice for these.

I mounted a Nikon EFR Rimfire 3x9x49 A O which is very well suited for hunting and target shooting out to 50 yards. Beyond that range I would recommend more magnification but believe that is not the best choice for hunting.

I also installed a Kidd Drop in trigger kit and springs which I am very happy with.

Congratulations on your new LVT.

Last edited by Holeshot; 01-15-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:24 PM
ford8nr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine will shoot 5 shot ragged 1 hole groups at 50yds with CCI mini mags. I shoot it for our clubs silloutte timed fun match. 20 targets, 25-100yds off a bench and the clubs 3 gun cheap shoot, entire 30 target course shot with a .22 rifle, 25-225yds offhand (except 225 - prone)
By far the best 10/22 production gun made, and I've owned/own several.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:34 PM
djcnaz01
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Since everyone "raved" about their accuracy and I am a "doubter" I just had to try one. Hadn't had a 10/22 in a l-o-n-g time.

Straight out of the box, before trigger work (7 lbs!) it shot 10 minimags into 5/8 to 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards and still does. Best shooting 10/22 I've ever owned and I've owned several. Never even tried better ammo to see what it will really do. Might have to do that some time...
Old 01-16-2016, 07:53 PM
billysue
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
doc,

I also purchased a new LVT a short while ago. Unlike you, I own many 10/22's and they all have had replacement parts like barrels, triggers etc., added. Mt LVT is the best out of the box 10/22 I ever owned. But!!!! Before I ever even tried it, I sent my trigger group to Brimstone for rework. I went with their cheeper fix and am extremely satisfied with what I got back.

That being said, I strongly recommend that you either send your T/G out for rework.
You will be amazed by how much better you will group with your rifle. You could also consider buying the new Ruger BX trigger group. That trigger will give you a good 2 1/2 to around 3 lb pull.

Congrats on purchasing a very fine rifle gun. Enjoy!!!!!

billy
Old 01-17-2016, 05:04 PM
Luger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Best HV HP

The very best HV Hollow Point I have shot is the new Winchester 42 grain MAX. Ragged hole groups at 25 yards. It shoots like match grade ammo.

Luger
Old 01-17-2016, 05:40 PM
wdl002

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Always been a big fan of the power points have to try the ,42'S should work as good on ground hogs

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2016, 08:01 AM
thaner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
You will want to try several brands to see what is best in your individual rifle. My LVT likes CCI MiniMags and certainly qualifies for uses you intend for your rifle.

My LVT is used for the same purposes and in my mind is the perfect choice for these.

I mounted a Nikon EFR Rimfire 3x9x49 A O which is very well suited for hunting and target shooting out to 50 yards. Beyond that range I would recommend more magnification but believe that is not the best choice for hunting.

I also installed a Kidd Drop in trigger kit and springs which I am very happy with.

Congratulations on your new LVT.
My LVT is setup like this with the exception of mine has a Brimstone trigger job. CCI MM HP's are my hunting ammo. However blazers and Winchester 32 gr. HP Are also very good. The Winchester in 222 our 333 packs can have some flyers but most times it is very accurate. The super-x is the best. Accuracy for those loads is consistent sub 3/4" @ 50yd. 1/2" or hair less is not unusual.