Brasslite parts? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Tom-ADC
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Brasslite parts?

For those that bought the brasslite parts what have you used to polish them?
Old 05-19-2015, 09:05 AM
FairWinds
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Morning Tom-ADC,

The BrassLite receiver cover on the Golden Boy is not brass. The owners manual suggests a soft cloth and mild solvent and light oil. While I am unable to say for sure, most of the info I have seen about Brasslite suggests that the receiver cover and barrel band that are Brasslite finished are in fact a plated Zamak alloy , Zamak5 I believe, that has a gold colored clear finish applied. I could be wrong of course but that's the best info I have been able find. If that is true, then it would seem to me that one would want to avoid any sort of metal polish that had abrasives in it.

I don't have a Golden Boy but do have one of the Silver Boys. The Silver Boy receiver cover is Nickel Plated with no clearcoat and I use the Birchwood Casey Sheath/Barricade product when I wipe it down.

The Sheath/Barricade oil is very light and virtually eliminates any fingerprint issues on the bright silver receiver cover. I also wipe down all the blued metal components on all my rifles and handguns with it as a rust preventative. It has worked well for me for many years.

Hope this helps some.

Regards, John
Old 05-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Tom-ADC
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Thanks John, I think either the oil or maybe a good non abrasive wax. I went thru the thread when every body ordered these but found nothing, I was thing Brasso but it is abrasive. So oil or wax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2015, 05:05 PM
oldbird13
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Brass lite maintence

Renascence Wax!