Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:09 PM
ThunderStick
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Factory Super Stock LVT

Thought I would start a thread here because I just can't leave anything alone! So, do you think the LVT is factory Super Stock?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And a 100 yard group, just for giggles.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm impressed.

Now why in the world don't Ruger put that chamber in all their guns?
Old 12-06-2014, 03:31 PM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I always knew I wouldn't leave it alone. Here it is now wearing a French Walnut stock, bedded with Al tape, and the KIDD two stage trigger assembly. With it's little brother!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Very nice pair. Anyone would be proud to own those two.

Even my " Twins" that I built 7 years ago on two nice DSP stocks, have gotten an amazing amount of attraction at the ranges I have shot them on. Not to mention offers to buy them on the spot. My gunsmith friend 40calcritter has a stainless sporter on a stock like yours he got from me and without even any targets to show well it shoots he has had numerous offers to buy his rifle in French Walnut so be ready if you shoot on public ranges or shoot with many friends someone is going to want them. I resisted for 7 years until I got an offer to trade that was just too good!!

I traded graycrait my Stainless "Twin" for a SIG P220 match Single Action Only with 22 top end and extra threaded barrel ($180 by it self). About a $1000-$1200 pistol with the added barrel.

We both thought we got a good deal. The Stainless Twin was the first rifle to make the SuperStock 100 Yard MOA game where 3 out 4 five shot groups must be below 1.047" or one Minute Of Angle. I just looked it up and on that particular target the 4 group average was .817". Blue Twin averaged .749" for 4 groups on that target.

To my eye your rifles are even prettier than my two DSP based rifles! I think your rifles will do just as well. Try to resist selling or trading but some people make it hard

Like I said anyone would be proud to own rifles like that.

I am sure your rifles, with good weather and the right ammo, will do just as well and be beautiful at the same time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Last edited by Vincent; 12-07-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2014, 12:42 PM
mjkten
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where can I download a target like the one in the second picture? I really like the look of it and think it will frame the crosshair perfectly.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:33 AM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There is a link on here somewhere! I just can't find it now.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The link in SuperStock died. I think there may be one in Ultimate.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:23 AM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As I stated in the first post "I can't leave it alone". I pulled the barreled action and bolt, packed it up, and sent it to Randy at CPC for a tune up. I had been contemplating just having the bolt done, or buying an aftermarket bolt, but in the end decided that I wanted the best chamber in that barrel along with a specked bolt. I hope to have it back by the time the weather gets a little more favorable to real shooting.

BTW, I was VERY pleased with the work CPC did on my French walnut sporter and I'm sure I will see an improvement in this rifle as well.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rifles like yours on a rack would be enough for me to join the 10/22 dark side.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 PM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't worry Al, I have a Cooper JSR gnawing at me and calling in my sleep! Problem is I'm afraid this gun and my old 541T will out shoot the Cooper! I have really done a bunch of digging in the Cooper forum and see a lot of cherry picked (cut out) groups. That, along with a friend that had one that a Marlin 60 would give a run for it's money, it just looked better doing it! That is one reason I post my whole card, so folks can see it's consistent. After my Savage debacles I am very leery when I can't see multiple groups shot on the same paper, good, bad, and ugly!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:46 PM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Picked the package up from the PO this morning and was worse than a kid with a birthday present, because I could hardly wait to open the box! O my! If it shoots as good as it looks it'll be a laser! He put a wonderful polish on the barrel and the internals. I put a new 3-9x32 AO Weaver on it, now all I need is a week of dry warm weather! Thanks Randy, its a slick job!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:00 PM
FairWinds

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tease!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
Don't worry Al, I have a Cooper JSR gnawing at me and calling in my sleep! Problem is I'm afraid this gun and my old 541T will out shoot the Cooper! I have really done a bunch of digging in the Cooper forum and see a lot of cherry picked (cut out) groups. That, along with a friend that had one that a Marlin 60 would give a run for it's money, it just looked better doing it! That is one reason I post my whole card, so folks can see it's consistent. After my Savage debacles I am very leery when I can't see multiple groups shot on the same paper, good, bad, and ugly!
Which is why ALL of our games require multiple groups shot on one target. One group only means you got lucky

Old 03-16-2015, 09:35 AM
bobcatr

TPC Rating: 
100% (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
Picked the package up from the PO this morning and was worse than a kid with a birthday present, because I could hardly wait to open the box! O my! If it shoots as good as it looks it'll be a laser! He put a wonderful polish on the barrel and the internals. I put a new 3-9x32 AO Weaver on it, now all I need is a week of dry warm weather! Thanks Randy, its a slick job!
Looking forward to more on this fine rifle. Top quality work and service from CPC.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatr View Post
Looking forward to more on this fine rifle. Top quality work and service from CPC.
Randy has always done good stuff. He has been at this stuff longer than anyone. A good guy in my experience as well.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:11 PM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[IMG][/IMG]

Just a quick snap shot of it all buttoned up with the polished barrel is the only thing that shows on outside.

Last edited by ThunderStick; 03-16-2015 at 07:13 PM.