Old 01-04-2014, 01:57 PM
9 fingers

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)

This is me and I also use Tinypic.
9 fingers (who else?)
Old 01-04-2014, 02:48 PM
OFN
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbiscuits View Post
Yellowtail as in sushi Yellowtail? If so, VERY good eating.

The saltwater pics were from a company fishing trip out of Westport, WA. Unfortunately, there had been a storm the day before and the currents were all jacked up, running parallel to the swells as opposed to perpendicular. The roll of the boat (54') was perfect for relieving one of any pesky breakfast he or she may have eaten. I have not puked like that since my younger, dumber days! 9 of 15 of us were sick all day, and many didn't even make it out of the galley, except to "make a deposit" at the rail. We filled the boat with sweet, delicious rockfish, but the ling fishing suffered on account of the storm. 3 silver salmon for the day--had to throw one back, though.

Best,

cb
Yep that is hamachi on the hoof or actually on the fin. I have been on a few of those upchuck express trips over the years. They can be brutal. Nice job loading up on the rockfish despite the conditions.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Rule-303

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbiscuits View Post
..................The saltwater pics were from a company fishing trip out of Westport, WA. Unfortunately, there had been a storm the day before and the currents were all jacked up, running parallel to the swells as opposed to perpendicular. The roll of the boat (54') was perfect for relieving one of any pesky breakfast he or she may have eaten. I have not puked like that since my younger, dumber days! 9 of 15 of us were sick all day, and many didn't even make it out of the galley, except to "make a deposit" at the rail..............:
Ah, yes... The dreaded sea-sickness. If you've not had it... You have no idea.
At first you're worried you're going to die... Soon, you're worried you might not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 08:08 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam-bam View Post
Can we assume you met your friend while you were driving the first car pictured above............. and he was driving one of his?? LOL

Actually no, my Son worked for him in the furniture business, he used to have driver days when he'd get 4-6 guys together and each would drive a different car for an hour or so up through the mountains, eat lunch in Asheville and finish up back in Hickory, great way to spend a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubs43 View Post
Gerald, you're lucky to have a friend with such nice cars who lets you take them for a spin.

Our youngest son just got a new car last week and it would get me into trouble real fast... no pun intended. It's a 2014 Audi S4; 0 ~ 60 in 5 seconds flat.
You're right, some of the Audi's are rockets.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:37 PM
rimreaper
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Haven't fished in a couple of decades but for fun I've always liked to stay active…

and I like fast cars....

....uh....you mean cars that are sometimes driven fast, right?...BIG difference...the CV was ok when nothing else was readily available after the demise of Chevy's 9C1 Caprice that were equipped with the LT1 motor in '96...we recently tested the 2013 AWD Ford Explorer with its HUGEMONGUS brakes and we'll be transitioning to it... I personally think its the better vehicle in so many ways for the job that we do

oh yeah...the other cars in your pic are drool-worthy...I LIKEY. ..I LIKEY VERY MUCH
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 AM
skylerbone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A fine looking bunch we've got here at RFC and indeed few are as I pictured them! So far Mr. Big takes the prize for furthest from reality; I pictured my grade school science teacher, mid-50s, complete with semi-stern look and pocket slide rule. I was sure Sophia wore a single French braid in faded red hair now turned gray as she crept up on 60 and I would have guessed Gerald was an engineer or an art critic from his avatar pic. Suffices to say nearly everyone is both younger and friendlier looking than I suspected. So, in keeping with the theme, a few of me.

Here I am, (the one in the middle)

And a few years later (I'm the one with the camera, still with bad hair):

Old 01-05-2014, 10:55 AM
skylerbone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And one more from this fall, enjoying a day at the park.

I'm the taller one:

No fishing pictures recent enough to share, I'm a bit camera shy, but can readily admit I too have spent a few Great Lakes trips "chumming" for Kings with my morning's breakfast.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:50 PM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
" Mr. Big takes the prize for furthest from reality" yea I am 5 11 and 205,,I took that username in another hunting forum,when I signed up there I had been hunting the same deer for a couple years that I nicknamed mr.big and I kinda used that name as a joke never thinking I would ever actually type anything into a computer that would be seen by anybody,,,that was in 2000,,and I actually killed the deer,

Nov 1999

Old 01-05-2014, 01:45 PM
jbdesigns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[IMG][/IMG]here I am doing what I used to do for 35 years, build and fly RC aircraft. I now seem to do firearms instead as my new hobby.

Last edited by jbdesigns; 01-05-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:45 PM
bam-bam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Which is the real Mr. Big #1 page one......... or here #176? LOL

He's come a long way in 5 days!

Actually if the pic in #176 was really taken in 1999 ........I think Mr.Big is getting younger!

Last edited by bam-bam; 01-05-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:49 PM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam-bam View Post
Which is the real Mr. Big #1 page one......... or here #176? LOL

He's come a long way in 5 days!

same same,,the beard pic was last week,the fish pic was 5 years ago and the deer pic was 14 years ago,,
Old 01-05-2014, 02:44 PM
skylerbone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I imagine they might find a really big, secure box, an alarm system, CCTV cameras, nosy neighbors and perhaps a not-so-friendly canine. Still want that address?

Doubtful the average smash and grab crowd hangs out here and professionals don't mess with firearms.

Mr. Big, it takes a BIG man to start a thread like this and for that you qualify (no slight intended)! I'm the family runt at 6' 2", 205, down from a more robust 260 last year. Beautiful deer by the way, congratulations.

Last edited by skylerbone; 01-05-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:06 PM
midwest swiss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is a few of me taken last year.
With the CZ "Super Scout"

Fish pictures are ok with me
Old 01-05-2014, 03:07 PM
ghgs

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Mr Big,
I agree with skylerbone this thread was a great idea. I'm having a great time checking out all the faces, and getting to know everyone better.
Also keep posting your shooting progress threads, we all enjoy reading them.

Glen
Old 01-05-2014, 03:20 PM
tkruf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seems to be two of these threads running.

Hair is shorter now. Can't tell in this photo though.