YooHoo....got 3 different mags to work with Belgian Browning pistols - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:51 PM
IPSC

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Summary..... grind down the "height" of the follower button. Don't go too far or the last-shot-slide hold open won't work. As to the follower---> 1.) sand or grind the top "flat" and 2.) round-off the top/rear edge to a goodly round profile. Lastly....test fit into your gun. You may need to "slightly" narrow the mag body either sideways or front-to-back so it moves smoothly into and out of the gun. Test fit the bottom heel clip latch and slightly angle or profile the bottom/rear of the mag until the catch engages properly.

Not sure where you're going with your last question. If there WAS anything closer to the Challenger MAGAZINE (not "clip") to modify..... we would be working on THAT mag. Why would we choose something that is further-away from what we want?.... to work on, and cause more work to be done?

It used to be that the (nearly identical) Colt Cadet and Beretta Neos mags were equally easy to find and cost about the same. Not so today. Neos is much more available, and at a reasonable price ( $20-$25)....whereas the Colt Cadet is now fetching $40-$50 or more.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:52 AM
landmancpl

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs down NEOS mag modification FAILURES !!!

I bought and modifed 2 NEOS magazines. BOTH were total failures. I have ordered and will report here on the new Triple K mags.

Difference between the Original Challenger mag and the modified NEOS is day and night.... Challenger smooth as silk. Neos hit and miss BUT ALWAYS having a miss feed or double hang up or bullets hanging in the magazine.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:04 AM
IPSC

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
landmancpl.... I would recommend we discuss this on ONE thread. I answered you in that thread

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...1#post10757969

...... where I provided other, referenced threads (where I referenced this one, for example). Using the referenced thread for further responses, causes the discussion to fan-out over these various places and is not collected in one place where you orinally replied.

Suggest we keep talks in one area so it can be followed.

Last edited by IPSC; 04-08-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2018, 07:10 PM
IPSC

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
landmancpl..... you have personal mail from me. Seeing the Neos mags didn't work for you and you are very unhappy about this.... I will offer to buy your 2 Neos mags at reduced cost....at least you can recoup something and I may get them going for my guns. Whatya say?
Old 04-08-2018, 09:25 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I’ve been using modified Colt Cadet mags for well over a decade. The Neos Mag is the same as the Cadet Mag except for the base, as I recall. It should be able to be modified to work.
When I started converting these mags, years ago, I could buy Cadet MagSafe CDNN for under $10.
With the increased prices today it may be easier to try to get Triple K mags to work. When I started converting Cadet mags the Triple K mags wouldn’t hold the slide open after the last shot. Besides, the Cadet mags worked better.
Triple K has fixed the hold open issue but my recent mag from them won’t work unless I hold the mag up tight in the pistol about 1/16” higher than the heel release holds it. What a piece of junk.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:29 PM
IPSC

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
M2HB... you were my original inspiration when I started to modify mags. At the time I started doing these you may recall me questioning you about Cadet mag prices of $10....I could only find Cadet and/or Neos mags (then) at about the same price (+/-) $20, for either brand.

Today....Cadet mags are harder to find... most hover around $40-$50, sometimes lower if you really dig. Neos still can be had from numerous sources at $20 ( +/- ).

TripleK may be improved.....but the backside of the mag curves "in" (whereas factory curves "out")....which causes problems loading up rounds. You often have to "shake" the mag while loading to get the rounds to seat. Then the small follower button may be a problem with the last round slide hold-open..... and also there is no good way to allow dis-assembly to clean.

That all brings me back to Neos mags as the best choice....incredibly smooth stainless mag body (polished) with a polymer follower....slick as grease. Bottom floorplate comes off easily too.... this is a winner, IMHO.

Last edited by IPSC; 04-12-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:57 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Triple K has never impressed me with their quality. I’ve converted so many Cadet mags that I have no need for more mags.

Since Neis mags are almost identical, I’m sure they are great for converting.

It is too bad that a quality manufacturer like MecGar doesn’t make a magazine for the Belgium 22 pistols.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:40 PM
IPSC

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
FYI....for folks following this thread and noticed that the original pics posted by me at response #1 and response #11 were blocked by Photobucket.... I was able to locate the pics and I have re-inserted the same photos that now sit on the Imgur photo-sharing site. May help the historical timeline of posts we're trying to follow.