Rhineland Arms RA-22 Stock - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:01 PM
DropTheHammer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Rhineland Arms RA-22 Stock

I built this about 10 years ago. At the time when this stock presented itself it was IMO the best I'd seen. Even strolling thru the AR style options on the forum currently, i still like this one over anything i see.

Just wondering how many others on here used this stock as well, i dont see any like it. Shortly after building this, I dropped off the forums for a long long time, so i dont know how long of a run this stock had.....

Much as i like it, i currently am interested in changing things up a bit, I have a hogue overmolded in OD green on the way to try out. Trying to decide whether to build up another barreled action for this RA-22 stock, or just unload it if i like the hogue.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
cyclesarge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd definitely keep the Rhineland. You don't see those everyday, and if you sell it and then decide you want another, it would be hard to find. Here's the Rhineland I'd like to find.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 AM
gadget-obsessed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you do decide to sale your Rhineland stock, I would love to have it. Dibs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 09:24 AM
titleIIredneck

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to titleIIredneck
lol i just sold mine with a 3.5" threaded barrel on ar15.com this week. I had one the op mentioned also. i dont think it was made 10 years ago though, mabye 5.. I cut mine back for my sbr and liked it, then i attached a ace folding stock and then sold it to buy the sub zero stock mentioned in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
I'd definitely keep the Rhineland. You don't see those everyday, and if you sell it and then decide you want another, it would be hard to find. Here's the Rhineland I'd like to find.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:15 PM
cyclesarge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by titleIIredneck View Post
lol i just sold mine with a 3.5" threaded barrel on ar15.com this week. I had one the op mentioned also. i dont think it was made 10 years ago though, mabye 5.. I cut mine back for my sbr and liked it, then i attached a ace folding stock and then sold it to buy the sub zero stock mentioned in this post.
How much did you sell it for? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Spinner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is mine. I love this stock. I paid $80 (military discount) for it shipped directly from Rhineland Arms in 2006. I wish they still made it.

Spinner

Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
titleIIredneck

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to titleIIredneck
Quote:
How much did you sell it for? If you don't mind me asking.
350 shipped link to ad

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=118&t=752439
Old 03-12-2010, 11:37 PM
cyclesarge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by titleIIredneck View Post
$350? and it took a whole 2 1/2 hours to get an "I'll take it"? I missed out on that.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:12 AM
WeAreNotAlone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Here is mine. I love this stock. I paid $80 (military discount) for it shipped directly from Rhineland Arms in 2006. I wish they still made it.

Spinner

Is it just me? It seems like everytime something decent is made- it goes out of production.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Beckett72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreNotAlone View Post
Is it just me? It seems like everytime something decent is made- it goes out of production.
No, when something decent is made, it doesn't go out of production, it just stays backordered or out of stock. This has never been the case with Rhineland Arms...
Old 03-20-2010, 08:34 PM
WeAreNotAlone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckett72 View Post
No, when something decent is made, it doesn't go out of production, it just stays backordered or out of stock. This has never been the case with Rhineland Arms...
I don't know about Rhineland Arms but things that are expensive to mfg (EG: well made) can and do go out of production. (Item too much for market demand, low market demand due to high cost. As item price increases-market decreases.)

Then there are the always present bean counters that will screw-up a great design with design revisions that lower production cost- at the cost of alienating those who are purchasing the item for certain design features.

On the back-ordered or out of stock aspect, not being able to satisfy market demand due to insufficient production capacity can result in losing business as well. People will/can only wait so long for a product, at some point they have to source the item from another source.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
WeAreNotAlone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

First pic in thread is a Rhineland Arms RA-22 Stock I would assume, what model # are you looking for?
(EG: What is the above pic of.)

Old 03-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Beckett72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I don't know about Rhineland Arms but things that are expensive to mfg (EG: well made) can and do go out of production. (Item too much for market demand, low market demand due to high cost. As item price increases-market decreases.)

Then there are the always present bean counters that will screw-up a great design with design revisions that lower production cost- at the cost of alienating those who are purchasing the item for certain design features.

On the back-ordered or out of stock aspect, not being able to satisfy market demand due to insufficient production capacity can result in losing business as well. People will/can only wait so long for a product, at some point they have to source the item from another source.
I thought you said you don't know about Rhineland Arms...

By your description, they fit all 3...
Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 PM
cyclesarge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
First pic in thread is a Rhineland Arms RA-22 Stock I would assume, what model # are you looking for?
(EG: What is the above pic of.)

I think it was called the SubZero.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Beckett72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's a review from a satisfied customer of Rhineland Arms' newest Leopard stock :

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=332773

Last edited by Beckett72; 03-22-2010 at 05:34 PM.