Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:20 PM
BigTexasOne

Lantana, TX. A suburb of the DFW metromess
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I took my new Henry LEO Tribute Golden Boy to the range today, my first time with it, and it's first time ever fired. I shot Federal White Box .22LR, CCI shorts, CCI SubSonic, and CCI MiniMags. Probably a total of about 150, and only had one ftf, and I think that was my doing, as I was racking the lever very slowly while watching into the ejection port at the action.

This photo is only using one sandbag, and at 25 yds, 15 shots.

Needless to say, I AM THRILLED
Old 01-29-2017, 05:44 PM
VietnamVet
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Big Texas One, that is a fine looking tribute Henry. Apparently very accurate as well. Good shooting !!!

As I posted a while back, my .22WMR H004M Golden Boy is my favorite out of all my Henrys. It is a flawless performing weapon time after time.

Never a FTF or FTL after hundreds of rounds with as smooth as silk lever action and very accurate with stock open sights. The presentation grade furniture is stunning on it as well.

I will never part with it and will pass it down with my other Henrys and Remington's and Smith and Wesson's to my grandsons one day.

The only fault I can find is the sometimes lack of availability of .22WMR ammo.

So I stock up when I can.

Last edited by VietnamVet; 01-29-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:02 AM
drinva
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Monument Valley 187 of 2015 made

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2017, 12:06 AM
BigTexasOne

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
****, that's pretty. I didn't even know there ever was a Monument Valley tribute.... When were they made?

Last edited by BigTexasOne; 02-28-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM
drinva

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTexasOne View Post
****, that's pretty. I didn't even know there ever was a Monument Vallet Tibute.... When were they made?
Thanks!

Made in 2015, they made 2,015 of them, one time only. I saw it and had to take it home.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:06 PM
JBlaisdell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My first Henry!

Just got a Model 001. Picked it out from several on hand after seeing the graining in the stock. Absolutely gorgeous! Dick's Sporting Goods has them for $319. Even with the best online deal, after what shipping and FFL transfer fees would have added, I think I still came out ahead. Plus I got to pick it out myself!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170312_134338.jpg (267.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 20170312_132444.jpg (221.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-13-2017, 10:25 AM
jeronimo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
.22LR Small Game Carbine

My first Henry, and it's a great little shooter.
It's the one I like to reach for, when I go for a walk around my property.

Henry Small Game Carbine
Henry Small Game Carbine

Last edited by jeronimo; 07-20-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:37 AM
BigTexasOne

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took my LEO Tribute to the range yesterday for it's 2nd time ever. used Aguila Rifle Match Competition, and this is one of my groups at 25 yards, with only the stock open sights, and only using a range brace for the forestock. I am super impressed with this rifle, what a great addition to my collection.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:20 PM
ausher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My lil Henry. Like others, but this is mine.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:30 AM
WildMike
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

found this one used. Refinished the wood and replaced the fromt with a metal barrel band and high vis sight

Last edited by WildMike; 04-24-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:06 PM
JBlaisdell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I refinished my stock and stripped the powder coating off the receiver cover and barrel band. I really didn't like the feel of the polyurethane finish. It felt fake, when I want to feel the actual wood. CitrusStrip took off the poly (well, after 12 hrs only softened it, but it was easy to scrape off with the edge of a piece of softer wood, which didn't mark up the stock itself). Several rounds of lemon oil, then a couple rounds of Howards Feed-n-Wax. It really helped bring out the wood's beauty.

The cover and barrel band were stripped with a scotchbrite wheel, and although fast, it was aggressive and required a LOT of buffing to get the scratches out. Bluing was done with Birchwood Casey SuperBlue liquid gun blue. It came out decently, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up. It's easy to apply, though, and darkens the metal almost instantly.

I like the look now, definitely more vintage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HenryRefinished.jpg (38.6 KB, 550 views)
Old 05-28-2017, 02:17 PM
2fewdaysafield
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlaisdell View Post
I refinished my stock and stripped the powder coating off the receiver cover and barrel band. I really didn't like the feel of the polyurethane finish. It felt fake, when I want to feel the actual wood. CitrusStrip took off the poly (well, after 12 hrs only softened it, but it was easy to scrape off with the edge of a piece of softer wood, which didn't mark up the stock itself). Several rounds of lemon oil, then a couple rounds of Howards Feed-n-Wax. It really helped bring out the wood's beauty.

The cover and barrel band were stripped with a scotchbrite wheel, and although fast, it was aggressive and required a LOT of buffing to get the scratches out. Bluing was done with Birchwood Casey SuperBlue liquid gun blue. It came out decently, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up. It's easy to apply, though, and darkens the metal almost instantly.

I like the look now, definitely more vintage.
That has got to be the MOST AMAZING piece of wood I have ever seen on a Henry. I've got one with some really nice figure but that one is AMAZING! Congrats!
Old 05-28-2017, 05:10 PM
JBlaisdell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fewdaysafield View Post
That has got to be the MOST AMAZING piece of wood I have ever seen on a Henry. I've got one with some really nice figure but that one is AMAZING! Congrats!
Thanks. It's not *quite* that nice in person unless the light hits it right, but I was certainly lucky to find this. The clerk at DSG was kind enough to bring several out from the storeroom so I could pick one.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Tinner4

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

My Henry Frontier. I have added a barrel mount Skinner peep since this picture was taken. Loved the .22 Henry so much I went out and got a Big Boy chambered in .357/.38spl.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:40 PM
Tackdriver22250

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via AIM to Tackdriver22250
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX Dad View Post
New here and this is my first Henry - a Frontier in .22 magnum with a Hi-Lux Malcolm 17" scope attached with their Golden Boy mount.

Curious if anyone else has played with this scope mount. I'm considering it for my Golden Boy as a "just for fun" experiment.