The Long Barreled Buckmark Picture Thread - Page 10 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 02-17-2018, 01:15 AM
wildbill

Join Date: 
Jul 2004
Location: 
S W Va
Posts: 
503
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)


Log in to see fewer ads




Heres a shot of my Varmint wearing a Burris 4x

Last edited by wildbill; 02-17-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 03-02-2018, 08:53 PM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great looking gun. Just picked up my second 10 inch. I already have the silhouette. this new one is just the buckmark 10". Already order the fore stock but they don't have the screw to hold it on, would you know any place that has that screw in stock somewhere. Would love the grips like yours just benching it. All info would be appricated
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 03-03-2018, 01:29 PM
wildbill

Join Date: 
Jul 2004
Location: 
S W Va
Posts: 
503
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
Great looking gun. Just picked up my second 10 inch. I already have the silhouette. this new one is just the buckmark 10". Already order the fore stock but they don't have the screw to hold it on, would you know any place that has that screw in stock somewhere. Would love the grips like yours just benching it. All info would be appricated
Thanks, the screw for the forend is a regular 10-24 thread screw, available at any hardware store. Mine uses one 1/2" long but I'm not sure what the factory screw length is but their cheap so get several different lengths and see what fits. If the head is too big to fit inside the recess just put the screw in a drill and use a file to reduce the diameter.
The grips can be found here, http://us.nill-shop.com/index

Last edited by wildbill; 03-03-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #139  
Old 03-04-2018, 07:41 AM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Thanks, the screw for the forend is a regular 10-24 thread screw, available at any hardware store. Mine uses one 1/2" long but I'm not sure what the factory screw length is but their cheap so get several different lengths and see what fits. If the head is too big to fit inside the recess just put the screw in a drill and use a file to reduce the diameter.
The grips can be found here, http://us.nill-shop.com/index
Thanks wildbill will hit the hardware store after I actually get the gun this week. Just bought it off gun broker Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 03-04-2018, 04:54 PM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does anyone know who sells replacement barrels for the silhouette or varmint models. Are the guts of both buckmarks the same?
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 03-04-2018, 11:08 PM
wildbill

Join Date: 
Jul 2004
Location: 
S W Va
Posts: 
503
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
As far as I know the Varmint and Silhouette models are the same other than the sight rib. Varmint rib is cut for scope rings whereas the Silhouette has those cuts and also has front and rear sights. The forend will fit either model as they both are drilled and tapped.
I looked at Brownells and Midwest, neither even lists the 10" barrel. Might try Browning or watch ebay for one.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 03-05-2018, 08:06 AM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yep, thats what I have been doing most sites I have been on discounted the barrels including browning on their web site. I thought maybe a custom shop would offer a replacement. Just want to tinker with maybe a more accurate or custom barrel. Mine shoots very well at 50yds. Also I lost a bid on E-Bay for the site hoods last night . He or she must be on this board. I bid 125.00 used and had to go out for dinner
Knowing I would not be able to up my bid if he/she out bid me. So hats off if they are on this board.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 03-06-2018, 12:47 AM
wildbill

Join Date: 
Jul 2004
Location: 
S W Va
Posts: 
503
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
Yep, thats what I have been doing most sites I have been on discounted the barrels including browning on their web site. I thought maybe a custom shop would offer a replacement. Just want to tinker with maybe a more accurate or custom barrel. Mine shoots very well at 50yds. Also I lost a bid on E-Bay for the site hoods last night . He or she must be on this board. I bid 125.00 used and had to go out for dinner
Knowing I would not be able to up my bid if he/she out bid me. So hats off if they are on this board.
Well its not a custom made barrel but looks like you might be able to pick up a new pistol, http://www.browning.com/products/fir...k-Varmint.html
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 03-06-2018, 07:19 AM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Darn I would of looked at that instead of a project varmint had I know they were going to bring it back for awhile. Thanks wildbill
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 03-06-2018, 06:12 PM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Well its not a custom made barrel but looks like you might be able to pick up a new pistol, http://www.browning.com/products/fir...k-Varmint.html
I called browning parts division and they said They have no idea what I was talking about, Telling them about the limited varmints 9 7/8 barrel at the 2018 shot show. I asked if browning is making a special run of our pistols could I get the barrel only or could I order the whole gun. They said "We have nada, none, zip, barrels or site hoods at all. He said call corporate, I called waited over 10 mins and had to hang up. Just to see if the gun was at all available. So maybe they do or don't. But I thank you for showing me this.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 03-07-2018, 10:11 PM
wildbill

Join Date: 
Jul 2004
Location: 
S W Va
Posts: 
503
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Just keep watching as I imagine they will produce some of them, sometime. The rib and forend are both new designs so its not something made from the left over parts bins. Sometimes I think Browning shows stuff like that then monitors the inquires to see if it will be profitable to produce.
Once they do make them I would think they will have a small amount of left over parts to cover any warrantee work that shows up then eventually sell off the remaining supply.

Last edited by wildbill; 03-07-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 03-08-2018, 07:14 AM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will be watching this. Every time I take my silhouette to the range people look at it. and say they never seen one like that. I tell them I bought it new in 93. As everyone here knows fastly becoming a relic. But I do like this model.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 03-14-2018, 07:14 PM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
other sideAttachment 145914 sorry upside down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GKmGLxbmRO+NbcViKWGSLw.jpg (487.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by peyton; 03-15-2018 at 07:07 AM. Reason: up side down pic
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 03-15-2018, 01:27 AM
wildbill

Join Date: 
Jul 2004
Location: 
S W Va
Posts: 
503
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Looks like you got the Australian versions! Seriously that's a fine looking pair.

Last edited by wildbill; 03-15-2018 at 02:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 03-15-2018, 06:47 AM
peyton
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
minnesota
Posts: 
121
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks wildbill, it was U.S version when I looked at it before I hit the submit button. One on left is 93 silhouette the one on the right is a 88 varmint, going for the silhouette options work in progress and a skinner wallet and saving for a set of grips like yours on one of them, whichever shoots best have, Have not shot the varmint yet just got it Monday March 11th.

Last edited by peyton; 03-15-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x