Shot the Classic Today - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-01-2003, 06:04 PM
BobD
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Shot the Classic Today

It's been a couple of months since I shot the Classic and I forgot how accurate and fun it was to shoot. It was put up dirty, chamber and action wise the last time I shot it. I put about 200 rounds thru it and had 2 failures to pick up the top round in the mag, but no stovepiping or jams. It shot Federal American Eagle, Aguila Subsonic and Standard Velocity, and Wolf Match Target into many 25 Yard 5-shot ragged one holers. I cleaned it tonight and plan to dirty it up again soon. I want one of the new heavier TC 22's when they come out.

Oh yeah, my half assed dorky TC #9951 bases worked great.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:48 PM
finebead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile Way to go Bob!

Great shootin. I have had only one day shootin my Classic since I got the Weaver KT-15 on it, and I am looking forward to this weekend. Will shoot at 50 and maybe 100 yds.

I will get rid of some Experts, and enjoy some Aguila Std. Vel. and maybe some CCI Blazers. Clearing the shelf for Dynapoints, Wolf MT.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Macc

TPC Rating: 
100% (28)
finebead,

Were you able to shoot your classic at the 50 at 100 yd marks you mentioned in your earlier post?
I was curious how the classic worked out for you.
(Wish they'd make one in .22 mag.)

Respectfully,

Macc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2003, 12:08 PM
finebead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Macc, I love my Classic. It was cold that day, and I had my two teenage sons. The 50 yd positions were all full, so we had to do all shooting from 100 yds, CCI Blazers. Well, there is quite a bit of drop on a 22 from 50 to 100 yds., like 6 inches. It was cold that day, and concentration was down, wind was up. Not a great day for shooting. I spent most of my time shooting pieces of clay pidgeon on the backstop wall, about 110 yds. I wasn't doing that well, maybe a 4" group. With a few shots, I could finally break up a 2" X 2" piece. I had fun and I'm glad I went that day.

I find you really have to run good ammo through the Classic to get the potential out of it. I recommend CCI MiniMag solid pt, K-Mart Dynapoint (we'll need a new source in Houston, all K-Marts closing here), Wolf Match Target. I just bought some Eley Practice to try (will try them today, about $1.70 per box + shipping). I learned a lot here, plan to become a member here. This is my favorite website now.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Macc

TPC Rating: 
100% (28)
finebead,

Thanks for the reply. Great to see a father spending time with his teenage sons, and to see teenage sons spending time with their father. The seems like a fine gun.