Played with the boys - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:02 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Played with the boys

Great day today playing with my revolvers for a change. S&W 617 with C-More sight and S&W Model 10.

I haven't shot a centerfire in many years. Even the .38s felt strong to me but I kept them all in the 10 ring at 7 yards. The 617 shot fantastic as always.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:39 AM
2011ERIC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I need to get out and shoot my 617. Unfortunately itís been raining for two days straight in South Mississippi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2019, 11:30 AM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
Great day today playing with my revolvers for a change. S&W 617 with C-More sight and S&W Model 10.
Turns out you and I were doing the same thing this week! I had a 6-inch 617 out at 15 yards and a new-to-me S&W Model 65-3, which is the stainless/.357 version of your Model 10. I have been playing around with a Ransom rest to get a sense of good .38 Special loads for the Model 65. Slung the 617 in there too to see how it liked Min-Mags and CCI-SV compared to >ahem< Remington Golden bullets.

Man those pistols are accurate. I will post some targets later.

Actually, the Golden Bullets weren't that bad for a plinking ammo. I took a look inside the 617's barrel (it is new to me) at the lede and thought I saw signs of a dull reamer. I thought a couple of hundred cheap, fast bullets might smooth things out some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement