M6x0.75 socket head cap screws - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-23-2019, 01:27 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
M6x0.75 socket head cap screws

These are the screws that hold my 1413 in its stock. I want to get two (or more) to fit the new to me wood stock I got a while ago.
Stippling is done and the refinishing is almost done. Next will be epoxy bedding and I need the screws to accomplish that.
Where to go to buy some?
Old 11-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Metric fine. McMaster Carr has them. Most hardware stores have metric coarse.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:31 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
J&P Custom Products has sets of action screws for Anschutz rifles. They will also custom make them to the length you desire, available in two different screw heads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 04:47 PM
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
M6 X 0.75

Somebody is finally making these available at a fair price.

J&P will charge you about $25 EACH for a pair.

McMaster Carr will charge about $6 EACH after shipping for a pair.

About $2 EACH here delivered for a pair.

I bought a 10 pack and they were less than $1 EACH delivered...Tom

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Tensil...72.m2749.l2649
Old 11-24-2019, 07:34 PM
justinp61

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://www.fastenal.com/product/fas...%2FThread+Size
Old 11-25-2019, 08:56 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Thank you Thomasconner, screws have been ordered.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:47 PM
Area51guy
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Small screws...........

Take a look at the Brownells web site. They sell an assorted box of 4 and 6mm screws for around $20. They are all socket head screws. Had I seen your request sooner, I would have sent you two screws for free!
Old 11-26-2019, 03:01 PM
DT400

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Try Ace/True Value. Most of their stores have a very good selection of different bolt styles and threads.

Darrell
Old 11-26-2019, 05:56 PM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
You last two fellows mean well but don't realize how hard it is to find M6 X 0.75.

M6 X 1.0 are easy.

Unless something has changed, and the only change I am aware of is the ebay seller I linked above...Tom

Last edited by Thomasconnor; 11-26-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:11 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Thank all for suggestions and where to buy. I did order 6 screws from the ebay seller (in China) Upon careful examination of my new (old) stock, the rear screw hole in front of the trigger guard, has a seating area (the place that the screw head seats) that is square. The forward one, at the back of the accessory rail, has what looks like a curved or tapered seat. That means I will need to re-shape the seating area of the new screw, or find a properly shaped one. Don't have a lathe but do have an electric drill and some good files.
Area 51 guy, if your the screws have a tapered or curved seat, I will take you up on your offer. I'll happily pay any shipping etc costs.
I attached photos of the stock after two weeks of work. Its sitting on top of the case I made to transport my match Annie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1399.JPG (38.7 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1400.JPG (35.6 KB, 163 views)
Old 11-27-2019, 09:30 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've used the socket head cap screws available through ebay. Shipment from China takes some time.

I chucked them in a drill press and used a file to reduce the diameter of the head, reduce head's thickness, and to reshape its seating area. I reblued before using them.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:56 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
I've used the socket head cap screws available through ebay. Shipment from China takes some time.

I chucked them in a drill press and used a file to reduce the diameter of the head, reduce head's thickness, and to reshape its seating area. I reblued before using them.

The two shaped screws started out as cap head screws, shaped and finished as Guy explained.

You don't even need a drill press, you can clamp a hand drill in a vise.

I wrap the threads with masking tape to protect them from the chuck, or cut them to length as the last step...Tom

Last edited by Thomasconnor; 11-27-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:15 PM
Area51guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
6mm Screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocette View Post
Thank all for suggestions and where to buy. I did order 6 screws from the ebay seller (in China) Upon careful examination of my new (old) stock, the rear screw hole in front of the trigger guard, has a seating area (the place that the screw head seats) that is square. The forward one, at the back of the accessory rail, has what looks like a curved or tapered seat. That means I will need to re-shape the seating area of the new screw, or find a properly shaped one. Don't have a lathe but do have an electric drill and some good files.
Area 51 guy, if your the screws have a tapered or curved seat, I will take you up on your offer. I'll happily pay any shipping etc costs.
I attached photos of the stock after two weeks of work. Its sitting on top of the case I made to transport my match Annie.
I will go down to the shop in the AM and take a look. Will let you know asap! No charge.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Area51guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
6mm screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocette View Post
These are the screws that hold my 1413 in its stock. I want to get two (or more) to fit the new to me wood stock I got a while ago.
Stippling is done and the refinishing is almost done. Next will be epoxy bedding and I need the screws to accomplish that.
Where to go to buy some?
One question, how long are the screws in question? I checked the screws I have on hand and the underside of the head is cut flat.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:04 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Thomasconnor is right on the money with these screws being hard to come by. After picking up a 54 Sporter action I went looking for screws almost everywhere with no luck and ordering they were pretty pricy without knowing if they would be exactly what I need. I picked up an entire cap screw blank kit with I think it is 4, 6, 8, and 10mm blanks. I will shorten the top of the cap screw and then turn the bottom side to get the height I want, thread the blanks and have screws with all the same size Allen and fit flush. M6x.75 is not easy to find so this will work for me.