Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:03 PM
ccw55

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RAR 8335 Mag Threaded

Have this with a Nikon Prostaff EFR. Had it zeroed out to 50yds with subsonic ammo. Put Dead Air Mask 22 on it. At 25yds not hitting anywhere near a 2'x2' pc of plywood. High left and far right. Dialed scope till no more adjustment. Still shoots 4" left and 3" low. Suppressor is screwed on tight to shoulder. How can I check to see if threads are straight? I don't have another threaded barrel to shoot it on. Trying to figure out if its the rifle or the suppressor.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:21 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Maybe neither. Is the scope loose? Check it really well. Also suppressors do weird things to POI

if it's all ok w/out the Suppressor it's the obviously the can. Try some better ammo. CCI mini Mags then CCI SV
Old 09-27-2019, 09:42 PM
ccw55

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will check the scope. I shot cci mini mags also. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2019, 02:36 AM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Try screwing it on so it rest on shoulder with no pressure and see if there is any gaps on any sides easy fix for a machinest of don't forget that ruger will replace without question. I had same exact issue with my Ruger SS 8335 22mag, Ruger replaced it. Shot great without can and shotgun pattern with. I also have a Webly/Scott Xocet that shoots light out but hates the can due to a wonky shoulder to carbon fiber fit.

Also, is the can clean? It has an effect also. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Last edited by nodak; 10-02-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:00 PM
COBrien
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer22 View Post
Maybe neither. Is the scope loose? Check it really well. Also suppressors do weird things to POI

if it's all ok w/out the Suppressor it's the obviously the can. Try some better ammo. CCI mini Mags then CCI SV
Do they make SV in .22 WMR?