I'm Sold On Slip 2000 'EWL' - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 PM
22MagRuger
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm Sold On Slip 2000 'EWL'

Like most of you, I have tried and used many of the Lube's that are available to us. The past 3 years I have used Slip2000 'EWL' on all of my guns. This full Synthetic Lubricant and cleaner has out-performed all of the products I have ever used. The product is designed for Extreme use and they focus on Semi-Automatic guns. In my Ruger 10/22 Magnum that is my favored gun for Ground Squirrel hunting. Jams and misfires in the heat of a Eastern Oregon day is almost completely eliminated. On a recent trip to the Cascade Mountains near my home I took my lite AR15 and 400 rounds of ammo. The gun treated with 'EWL' performed perfectly with 'zero' problems. I shot a couple 30 round Mags as fast as I could...The barrel was to hot to keep a bare hand on...and the smile on my face was difficult to remove. Slip 2000 advertising claims that guns treated with their product also makes 'cleaning' much easier.....AND IT'S TRUE!!! I HIGHLY recommend this superior product to all you here at RimfireCentral. I'm retired and don't work for this great little company!!!
Here's their web address: http://www.slip2000.com/slip2000_ewl.php. You can purchase this product from their web site or from 'Amazon'.

Thanks for reading my recommendation...This is a product worth Trying...and Using to protect our Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY...AND SHOOT 'SAFE'!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0699.JPG (474.1 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by 22MagRuger; 05-16-2019 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Terms
Old 05-16-2019, 09:35 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Mags not Clips... Clips are for lil Girls hair.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:31 PM
thesandman
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
As George taught me "where's the data sheet" ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 PM
22MagRuger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Slip 2000 Data Sheet

Here it is.......
Old 05-16-2019, 11:50 PM
22MagRuger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Here ya go

http://www.slip2000.com/downloads/EWL.pdf
Old 05-16-2019, 11:51 PM
22MagRuger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sorry.......Didn't know I committed a RFC Sin
Old 05-17-2019, 09:03 AM
GH41

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22MagRuger View Post
Not a data sheet. Products that don't go into your mouth don't need one. For the most part gun oil people don't formulate anything... They find an existing lubricant that serves their purpose and add a scent to disguise the smell of what it really is. It is repackaged and marketed as something special. Would you pay $10 an ounce for gun lube if the data sheet listed the ingredients as 99% automatic transmission fluid and 1% cinnamon oil??
Old 05-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Outrider
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Not a data sheet. Products that don't go into your mouth don't need one. For the most part gun oil people don't formulate anything... They find an existing lubricant that serves their purpose and add a scent to disguise the smell of what it really is. It is repackaged and marketed as something special. Would you pay $10 an ounce for gun lube if the data sheet listed the ingredients as 99% automatic transmission fluid and 1% cinnamon oil??
Lot of truth there, but as a commercially marketed lube, there should be an MSD sheet on it - that's the upside; the downside is that unless you work for some arm of the DoD (and possibly other government agencies), you don't have access to the "unexpurgated" version of the MSD sheet, so you are often faced with a few obvious chemicals that you would expect, and one or more entries that say "proprietary" rather than naming the entry. Worth a look on the net, doubly so if you or a friend have access to the version given to government agencies; that version doesn't allow unnamed substances in the mix.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (104)
If you like the lube you are using now...by all means use it, I been at this shooting game a long time...I am 60 and like others here have tried several oils and cleaners over the years, my thoughts are most any of them will do as they say and I really dont think theres a magic one out there, I use whats easy to get and dont stink up the house as I mainly only shoot 22s now I use Pro Shot One Step and Bore Tech Rimfire Blend, just because there easy for me to get, I am sure good old Hoppes No 9 will do just as good as well as many others.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:39 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for your review. Generally speaking, I think people just tend to use too much oil on their guns. I have been using Synthetic ATF for many years now and it works just fine at a tenth of the cost of most dedicated oils. I dilute it with mineral spirits in order to leave a very thin coat of oil on the parts that need lubricating. This helps prevent the burnt powder gumming up the moving parts.

Here is the msds sheet if your interested:

https://www.sinclairintl.com/userdoc...3M_default.pdf

It is a synthetic hydrocarbon, so basically a synthetic oil like the ATF I use.

Last edited by GladesGuy; 05-17-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:41 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by cznut View Post
I use Pro Shot One Step and Bore Tech Rimfire Blend, just because there easy for me to get, I am sure good old Hoppes No 9 will do just as good as well as many others.
What about...

Old 05-17-2019, 06:45 PM
GH41

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cznut View Post
If you like the lube you are using now...by all means use it, I been at this shooting game a long time...I am 60 and like others here have tried several oils and cleaners over the years, my thoughts are most any of them will do as they say and I really dont think theres a magic one out there, I use whats easy to get and dont stink up the house as I mainly only shoot 22s now I use Pro Shot One Step and Bore Tech Rimfire Blend, just because there easy for me to get, I am sure good old Hoppes No 9 will do just as good as well as many others.
I agree with you. If it makes him happy let him enjoy being happy. Just don't try to push it off on me! Oil is sorta like religion. Just because you believe doesn't mean I have to. The OP's original post seems more like propaganda than fact. The fact that he likes it doesn't add any potential value to me. He is an example of exactly one. I don't mean to dump on the OP but I do NOT want to be preached to.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:02 PM
ms6852
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How does it compare to silver bullet gun oil?
Old 05-17-2019, 07:50 PM
JeepsAndGuns

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have a bottle of the EWL. It now sets unused. I found it to be no better or no worse than any other oil out there on the market.
I have since switched to the hornady one shot dry lube. Unlike the oils I have to reapply after setting for a while (because the oils all seemed to dry/evaporate) the one shot stays and I have not noticed anything like that with it. It is also very slick.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:23 PM
jam_ppp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Reality is that 22 is a dirty cartridge. I find oils just collect the gunk.
The dry lube works well and doesn’t mud up the action