Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:47 PM
JimClark
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Front sight for Mark IV 22/45

I am trying to decide between the Williams fire sight or the High-Viz for my Mark IV 22/45. Any comment from users of both?
Old 02-08-2019, 07:27 PM
RWT22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I really like the firesights. Pick up a Victory at a store to see what you think before ordering, it comes with firesights. It also comes with the rear sight that I like better than the Ruger.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:57 PM
jerryd
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
I have the High-viz and have seen the fire sights...

I much prefer the 'Dawson Precision' fiber optic front sights.

Much better build quality, 0.100" or 0.125" blade widths, and a choice of heights to suit your pistol.

Even though they say 22/45 Lite they will work with the standard bull barrel also.

Jerry

https://dawsonprecision.com/ruger-22...-front-sights/

or

https://dawsonprecision.com/ruger-22...-front-sights/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2019, 11:45 PM
JimClark
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I saw the Dawson sights but for a novice like me it is difficult to figure out which one to order.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2019, 01:05 AM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'd say get whatever fits it and is the correct height. I have the fiber optic sight from Volquartsen on my LLV4 upper, and their front is made by HiViz. No better/worse obviously than the Hi-Viz I put on my Buckmark 12 years ago.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:17 PM
Range Junkie
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have had Dawson and Hi Viz front sights and much prefer the Dawson for the reasons already addressed. I went with a .420 x .100" and the height was just right. If you like a little extra light around the front sight when you take aim do the .100" but if you like the front sight to pretty much completely fill the rear notch when you are looking at it get a .125". You won't regret buy a Dawson Precision as they are know for quality products. I have their sights on my STI 9mm too, and will probably have them on a second Ruger and a Kimber before I'm done.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Tacoma
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I own sights from all three companies mentioned here and the Tac-Sol. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

I can't say anything too bad about the HiViz Litewave's. They are least inexpensive at $25 orso, tough (with caged fiber Optic), decent looking and allow me to change color on the sight at will. I have thes on the majority of my Ruger MK II/III and IV series pistols and can find no reason to replace them.

I've just started using Williams firesights on the Ruger after trying a set on a SW Victory. I have to admit, my old eyes are liking the addition of the fiber optic rear sight. The "dot" seems a little finer than the HiViz but is still easy to pick up. They are made decently but at $50+they cost 200% more than the HiViz. The rear sight insert is a little more dificult to install but not horrably. I have one set on a MK III Competition model. It works really well for me on this gun.

I tried the Tac-Sol on my MK IV 22/45 lite as it appeared to be "sleek" and better looking than most. (Personal, I know.). Unfortunatly. I found the specified .365" height too short ( factory is .400") and was shooting 2"high at 40' or so. ( Even with the back sight bottomed out.) I liked it enough that I would buy another IF they made the sight in .400". Unfortunatly, they only offer the .365 an 440" . IF I went .440, I thik I'd be having to crank the rear sight way up to compensate. The Lite currently wears a painted front (.400") factory sight and I use a mounted TRS-25 red dot anyway.

I have sets of Dawson Sights on 6 or 7 of my centerfire pistols and revolvers. They make very good sights and stand behind what they make. I like that Dawson allows me to really dial in the height and width to my liking. It has solved problems with several guns of mine that did not shoot where I wanted them too. However, I'm not a fan of the plain jane Squared off profile of the Dawson sight for the 22/45. ( Again, personal taste) so have to date , resisted ording one. It is the likely candidate for the MK IV lite though.

Last edited by Tacoma; 02-10-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:00 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thumbs down hi viz

on my henry big loop carbine, little disappointed, doesn't "POP" and stand out like I thought it would. tried red and green. also the same thing on my MKIV stainless target, just not as bright as I would like. oh well, still better than the black factory sight !