Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:43 PM
MovCon
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anschutz MSR RX22

I was wondering if anybody has experience with the Anschutz MSR RX22. I have an opportunity to buy one and would appreciate any feedback.
What is like to field strip?
Does it only shoot HV ammo?
We have NRL22 now at local range with a match every month. I have a CZ455 varmit but I find it a little heavy for shooting offhand. I guess I am looking for a lighter 22lr and know the marlin 795 is very light.

Or any thoughts for a semi auto polymer frame 22lr for NRL22

I live in Canada and the s&w 15-22 is a restricted firearms here. I do have a restricted permit but prefer to keep things simple. Thanks in advance

Movcon
Old 12-31-2018, 12:36 PM
Earl Baugher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (32)
Wink The looks

are real popular with kids... the original 10 rnd mag that came with it was defective... I bought some aftermarket 22 rounders and they work fine... CDNN, I believe. The triggers aren't that great... It is ambidexterous for your hands but not your eyes... it spits empties out the right side. It is NOT light, although the bi-pod I added may be a contributing factor. The stock needs an elevated mount for any scope larger than about 36mm objective and for ANY higher power scope. It seems to be adequate in the accuracy department and will shoot standard velocity ammo. The main advantage is the "coolness" factor. I'll post again when I get more time with it.