Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:00 PM
wadvocat
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Skype™ to wadvocat
Question Match 54 Model 1411 Ejection Problem

I acquired a used Match 54 1411 manufactured in 1964 that fails to eject spent brass. The bolt has a single extractor. I also own a Match 54 manufactured in 1963 that NEVER fails to eject spent brass. I did install a new ejector in the problem rifle, but the problem remains. The apparent difference between the two guns is at the extractor. On the gun that ejects cases, the extractor holds a spent case tight against the bolt face and I think this acts as a "hinge" when the case hits the ejector. On the gun that fails to eject, the extractor is farther forward in the bolt so that there is a gap between the forward edge of the case rim and the claw of the extractor; therefore, the "hinge" is loose and the case is not ejected, but rather falls into the load ramp. I have been trying to locate a new extractor, but having no luck. I did find one in Australia, but the gun store refuses to ship to the US. I did try shimming the load ramp in order to raise the ejector up against the bolt, but this didn't work.

I am assuming that the point of contact between the extractor and bolt has worn. I am wondering if a shim could be added between them to remedy the problem, but I am afraid of loosing parts in an attempt to remove the extractor.

Any advice or suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.

William
Old 12-11-2018, 12:15 PM
tim slater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi William,

The extractor claw is very easy to remove, and I believe is unchanged to the current 1913 if you need a spare.

If you're worried about losing parts, find a clear plastic bag large enough to contain the bolt and your hands. Take a small precision screwdriver, I use one from a cheap set bought at a discount hardware shop, nothing special. Hold the bolt in your left hand, pushing on the claw with your thumb. Wiggle the screwdriver into the gap at the bottom of the claw, and slowly prise it out. There is a plunger and a spring underneath. These will probably be gummed in, but a few taps of the bolt will knock these out. Clean, everything and reassemble. The plunger has a notvh at the top; this faces inwards. Push the base of the claw into it's slot, and wiggle it in, until it clicks. This is the point at which it will ping out if you aren't careful.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:22 PM
wadvocat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim slater View Post
Hi William,

The extractor claw is very easy to remove, and I believe is unchanged to the current 1913 if you need a spare.

If you're worried about losing parts, find a clear plastic bag large enough to contain the bolt and your hands. Take a small precision screwdriver, I use one from a cheap set bought at a discount hardware shop, nothing special. Hold the bolt in your left hand, pushing on the claw with your thumb. Wiggle the screwdriver into the gap at the bottom of the claw, and slowly prise it out. There is a plunger and a spring underneath. These will probably be gummed in, but a few taps of the bolt will knock these out. Clean, everything and reassemble. The plunger has a notvh at the top; this faces inwards. Push the base of the claw into it's slot, and wiggle it in, until it clicks. This is the point at which it will ping out if you aren't careful.
Well, that's the same P/N, 1404-17, which is not available, as far as I can tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2018, 04:24 PM
tim slater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's surprising, as the new 54.30 appears to use the same claws. I can't tell a difference between the claws on my 1990s 1913 and a '60s or' 70s vintage 14xx.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:28 PM
wadvocat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OK, I contacted Anschutz. I tried searching for that P/N but found nothing, except a stock of them in Australia, but they cannot export parts. Perhaps you can only get it in the 54.30 bolt kit.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:51 PM
pump .22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have you considered switching the extractors on the two guns to see what happens? Might shed more light on the situation.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Bill40718
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Try Neil Stepp.

[email protected]

http://www.iss-internationalshootersservice.com/

I just got an extractor from him.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:32 PM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Will Nordic Marksman ship to the US?

Brad has helped me with Anschutz spares on several occasions when I couldn't obtain them locally - AND his prices are usually half what we pay here
(Yes, I'm in Australia)

http://www.nordicmarksman.com/2-Extractor.html
http://www.nordicmarksman.com/4-Spring-Bolt.html
http://www.nordicmarksman.com/3-Compression-Spring.html
Old 12-11-2018, 11:23 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJA8 View Post
Will Nordic Marksman ship to the US?

Brad has helped me with Anschutz spares on several occasions when I couldn't obtain them locally - AND his prices are usually half what we pay here
(Yes, I'm in Australia)

http://www.nordicmarksman.com/2-Extractor.html
http://www.nordicmarksman.com/4-Spring-Bolt.html
http://www.nordicmarksman.com/3-Compression-Spring.html
Yes they will, I bought parts from them. and I know a member here got a 1710 bolt from them.

Lee
Old 12-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Pastprime
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (121)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
Yes they will, I bought parts from them. and I know a member here got a 1710 bolt from them.

Lee
I've bought several small parts from Nordic Marksman with no issues except I had to use a major credit card. My local bank debit would not work up there. Shipping is a little pricey at $14.95 but when you can't find the part anywhere else; who cares..... Also Canadian Post is not the fast method but they give you a tracking number that works until the package gets to the USA. After than no tracking updates until it's delivered. I've had excellent customer service and the parts have been lifesavers.

Hank
Old 12-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastprime View Post
I've bought several small parts from Nordic Marksman with no issues except I had to use a major credit card. My local bank debit would not work up there. Shipping is a little pricey at $14.95 but when you can't find the part anywhere else; who cares..... Also Canadian Post is not the fast method but they give you a tracking number that works until the package gets to the USA. After than no tracking updates until it's delivered. I've had excellent customer service and the parts have been lifesavers.

Hank
Also the website prices are in Canadian dollars so the cost is lower when converted. last I checked USD 1= 1.29 CAD
Old 12-12-2018, 10:05 PM
wadvocat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To everyone a big thank you. I have the parts on order with Nordic.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:56 PM
wadvocat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anschutz sent me an extractor at no charge. That is great customer service! Thank you Anschutz.