Are there any sights that will Co-witness thru a TSR-25 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:58 AM
Brlowe

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Are there any sights that will Co-witness thru a TRS-25

I'm looking at getting a X22 backpacker stock and the sight mount. I would like to set it up with a TRS-25 sight but also have sights I can still use. Are there any sights that will Co-Witness thru that?
I would really like something with a peep sight to help with my poor eyesight.

Last edited by Brlowe; 10-25-2018 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-24-2018, 06:58 PM
linux_author
US Coast Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
never heard of a TSR-25... but there are rails that allow see-thru for iron sights and see-thru high picatinny or Weaver see-thru mounts

i have the factory-installed Williams iron sights and use a "MSP Ruger 10/22 Long See-Through Scope Mount - Mil-Spec Picatinny. SILVER" mount (from the 'zon) - if i remove my scope i can see through the rail and use my iron sights

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
Old 10-24-2018, 09:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tech sites, on amazon 69$. Have a peep/ ghost sight and are tall enough to allow you to use thru the red dod on a low mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2018, 01:11 AM
Brlowe

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
never heard of a TSR-25... but there are rails that allow see-thru for iron sights and see-thru high picatinny or Weaver see-thru mounts

i have the factory-installed Williams iron sights and use a "MSP Ruger 10/22 Long See-Through Scope Mount - Mil-Spec Picatinny. SILVER" mount (from the 'zon) - if i remove my scope i can see through the rail and use my iron sights

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
Sorry I meant TRS-25.
The idea for Co-witness is so I do not have to remove the scope to use the sights. I could so that with just about any setup.
Iím going to go with the Tech sights and the TRS-25 and I think that will work. That will give me a peep sight or red dot depending on what Iím doing or how I feel like shooting.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:52 AM
Brlowe

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Tech sites, on amazon 69$. Have a peep/ ghost sight and are tall enough to allow you to use thru the red dod on a low mount
By the way, Thank you for this answer I will be going with Tech Sights as I think they look great and should be the answer I'm looking for.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:40 PM
scoony
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The NODAX Spud sights will do what your asking

http://nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm
Old 10-31-2018, 06:04 PM
Brlowe

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My stock and optical sight mount came in today. Took the gun apart and polished the bolt and receiver so it feels much smoother. I them put it in the stock. Looks great.
I have some Tech Sights on order and after they get installed I will get the TRS-25 to add and I will be done......well maybe not. Kidd trigger and sling and then maybe a bull barrel in the future.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:28 PM
linux_author
US Coast Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hope your setup works well... i'm more than pleased with the accuracy and performance of my TD... i don't think i'll spend a whole lot on high-end aftermarket stuff, but i have purchased a cheap Simmons scope, see-thru picatinny, BX trigger group ($49 shipped!), new extractor and firing pin, and Magpul X22 Backpacker stock...

what's amazing to me is how accurate the TD remains after fore-end/barrel removal and reattachment... and my Simmons scope retained zero, which was a bonus...

what a great little rifle - it's definitely a keeper

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
Old 11-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Brlowe

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Here are a couple pics of my setup as it stands now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7250.jpg (196.7 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7251.jpg (142.5 KB, 137 views)
Old 01-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Seven95
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Northern Hemisphere of a small, blue planet
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Co-Witness Sight In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Got the Tech Sight TSR-100 and the TRS-25 red dot. So how do I go about getting them co-witnessed?

My guess would be first, sight in the peep sights (TSR-100) without the red dot mounted. Second step, mount the red dot (TSR-25) and sight it in.

It would seem to follow that both sights would then be aligned. Of course that seems much too simple.

Yes / No / Suggestions?
Old 01-04-2019, 01:38 AM
Brlowe

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven95 View Post
Got the Tech Sight TSR-100 and the TRS-25 red dot. So how do I go about getting them co-witnessed?

My guess would be first, sight in the peep sights (TSR-100) without the red dot mounted. Second step, mount the red dot (TSR-25) and sight it in.

It would seem to follow that both sights would then be aligned. Of course that seems much too simple.

Yes / No / Suggestions?
Those would be the steps. I really enjoy the setup but would like a bull barrel next. Maybe later this year. Too many projects.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:29 PM
Seven95
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Northern Hemisphere of a small, blue planet
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brlowe View Post
Those would be the steps. I really enjoy the setup but would like a bull barrel next. Maybe later this year. Too many projects.
I tried that sight-in scenario, interesting, fun, still needs a minor tweak or two.

Bull barrel -- intriguing! Check out Nodak Spud. (URL: https://nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm ).

NDS makes a front sight tower that fits the .920" bull barrel. (Scroll about halfway down the page.)

Scroll down the page some more & you can see a photo of an aperture sight and a red dot -- advertised to co-witness.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:50 PM
jerryd
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoony View Post
The NODAX Spud sights will do what your asking

http://nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm
I have both the TRS-25 and the Nodak Spud railed receiver sight and Yes they do co-witness.

The front sight is NoDak's bull barrel version.

Jerry