High Standard Parts - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:27 PM
tkleinma
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
High Standard Parts

I am in need of a few High Standard parts.

Brownells has discontinued selling the parts I need, High Standard's web site isn't working properly, and High Standard doesn't seem to answer the phone.

Where can I get a few extractor springs, recoil springs, and extractor plugs for my High Standard Military Model 106?

Thank you.

Todd
Old 06-26-2018, 08:34 PM
LUV22S
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
H.S. parts

Call INTERARMS at 713-476-0888 or go to INTERARMS web site
Old 06-27-2018, 01:07 AM
TAB
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can get HS springs from Wolff Gunsprings. The Wolff sear spring is for the NON-adjustable trigger pull models.

TAB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2018, 08:00 AM
LDBennett
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
High Standard Company of Houston Texas (owner of the name from the Connecticut company who went out of business in the 1980's) started up in the 1990's by a group of investors. They made accurate clones of some of the Hi Std pistols.

In the last few weeks they went to Bankruptcy Court, after closing their doors. At this point in time it is not know what the outcome will be but this is their second trip into bankruptcy. They have failed to make the payments agreed to in the first bankruptcy and survival of this one is questionable. There is a rumor that they moved some of their equipment for making guns out of Texas to a northern state (??). For now the best source of Hi Std parts is InterarmsTX.com, run by Alan Aronstein, the former man in charge of productions who was let go by TX Hi Std a few years ago. He also is very helpful with a vast knowledge of the guns. Contact them to see if they have the parts you need.

As for just recoil springs, the Wolff OEM replacement springs (5.5 pound) from them directly or through Brownells, work fine. An acceptable alternative is the Variable Rate 6 pound Wolff recoil spring. In addition Alan Aronstein's InterarmsTX has them too.

Some parts are available through Numrich but the quality and fit and finish is questionable. I do not recommend them at all. You are likely to get the wrong part, a used part, or an inferior part, in my experience.

LDBennett
Old 06-27-2018, 11:37 AM
slickshot223
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Wink

Thanks LD for the update!!
Old 06-27-2018, 08:16 PM
tkleinma
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thank you all for your responses. Seems like Interarms is the way to go. I will be calling them tomorrow and stocking-up on some parts.

Todd
Old 06-29-2018, 12:52 PM
jim gray
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
High Standard

L D Bennett has again spoken before he had the facts. High Standard is not bankrupt. High Standard has relocated to Montana and is honoring all orders. High Standard PO Box 547 Fairfield MT 59436
Old 06-29-2018, 02:51 PM
LDBennett
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, Jim, all you have to do is go to the post by Alan Aronstein who was in court when your Hi Std case was heard. I am only repeating what Alan posted here.

So your position is you are not in chapter 11 and you have followed the court orders regarding the earlier bankruptcy?

I also have heard that Brownells is no longer a distributor of your parts. What say you?

I wonder why Alan would lie about it. I believe he is a share holder???

Educate us.

LDBennett