Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:42 PM
cmatera
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)

Actually, I am an early adopter type. Iwas an early adopter of the Savage A17. I have AR15’s in .17 HMR and .22 Winchester magnum. I own one of the first Polaris Ranger EV Li Ion side by side UTV’s with a price tag of $23,000. When a new product is released, you expect it to get better not worse, as time goes by.
We are very happy for the few people who have accurate reliable guns from this company. They have the pleasure of not having to be subjected to the shoddy customer service, for which there no excuse, especially when you are charging double or more the average rimfire price. It takes a brave person to admit they got taken. Many victims of scams are too embarrassed to admit it publicly. That’s how the perps can get away with it over and over. I am interested in rifles that I can actually purchase at the present time that are accurate, from reputable companies, and are fairly priced for whatever quality they are. I doubt that millions of these guns have been sold. To have so many issues reported does not bode well for this company. If I owned your rifle, I’d sell it before my luck ran out and I needed service from them. If they get their issues, you can always buy one later.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:03 AM
pathway
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To pay this much?

I just can't believe paying this much for a rimfire and getting the customer service we did. All I know, 3ea F17's purchased in my family and 3ea rifle's screwed up and all three were our faults per Franklin's customer service. Just doesn't sit right with me. I purchased 2ea Savage A17 for $ 450.00 each. One had a cycle problem, called Savage, send me a shipping tag in 2 days had the rifle back in 11/2 weeks, no questions asked and fixed the problem completely, even sent extra magazines back with it with a complete explanation of what was repaired. That's what I expected out of Franklin, instead of 6 months, wouldn't tell us when it was coming back and when I did get it back, it shoots like crap. Not even a slip of paper to say what they repaired. Not good in my book. Done with Franklin. Again, even with all the problems I would have still gave Franklin the benefit of the doubt but they didn't even make an effort. I know some are having good luck with their 17WSM, so did my Brother at first but after 500 rounds all his problems started. If you do have a problem with your Franklin, I would suggest not taking the bull from the customer service and demand action on you rifle, keep going up the chain until you find someone that might be willing to help. I was trying to be the nice guy and all it did was get worst. Just didn't like getting treated this way. Enough complaining for one night, I apologize.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:55 PM
MTWA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDDY BEAR RAT View Post
I can't imagine a company tweaking or cherry picking a few products for review and then intentionally producing and dumping sub-par products on the public. That would be financial suicide. It 's not like an unscrupulous businessman purchasing tens of thousands of known sub-par products from a Chinese sweat shop and inflicting them on customers for a quick profit.
Do you really think Franklin, or any other firearms manufacturer, plans to produce problem rifles? That fact is, no amount of in-house testing will produce a perfectly debugged product. Look at all the testing and debugging that Springfield Armory performed on the M1 Garand before entering mass production. Nonetheless, there were constant revisions and improvements early on and throughout its production, based largely on input from the field; only a relative few revisions were made for purely cost cutting or time saving measures, and those were nearer the end of production.
Franklin is striving to produce a quality product many of us want badly...same with Volquartsen, and they are probably just overwhelmed. Still, it is a noble effort by obvious enthusiasts just like us. You're obviously not an early adopter type, which is fine. I am not either, but without manufacturers willing to put their wealth at risk, or early adopters willing to take a chance on a really cool but brand-new rifle, our type will never have debugged and reliable new products.
My sense is only a relatively few individuals on RFC, or other forums, are generating the majority of negative feedback on products. Most just quietly shoot and enjoy their rifles.

TBR
Couldn't agree more....well said Sir, well said.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:04 PM
mvonbeamer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pathway,

Any update on the rifle. Just curious, I haven't heard a thing about my rifle yet. Figure it might be awhile since they announced they were replacing cam pins on their f17 rifles.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:23 PM
mvonbeamer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was just notified that my rifle has been repaired and was sent to my house. I will let everyone know how it fires sometime next week.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:29 PM
mvonbeamer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just took my F-17 to the range and fired 250 rounds. For the first time, there were no light primer strikes. It functioned as I would expect it too and the accuracy was outstanding. (That has never been the issue). Franklin completed the repair in less than 5 weeks, I'm very happy with this. The new cam/pin is round and appears to be similar to the one on my patriot ordnance ar-15

They also replaced the piston rod and moved the piston block. The piston rod finally moves freely without and obstruction for the 1st time. I believe the rifle has now been repaired correctly and I look forward to firing many more round though it in the near future.

I have never been able to fire more than 110 rounds without having so many light primer strikes that it became frustrating. Today it functioned like and At-15 should. I hope everyone has the same luck with Franklin Armory that I did this time. I really do appreciate customer service for this repair.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:20 PM
MTWA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvonbeamer View Post
Just took my F-17 to the range and fired 250 rounds. For the first time, there were no light primer strikes. It functioned as I would expect it too and the accuracy was outstanding. (That has never been the issue). Franklin completed the repair in less than 5 weeks, I'm very happy with this. The new cam/pin is round and appears to be similar to the one on my patriot ordnance ar-15

They also replaced the piston rod and moved the piston block. The piston rod finally moves freely without and obstruction for the 1st time. I believe the rifle has now been repaired correctly and I look forward to firing many more round though it in the near future.

I have never been able to fire more than 110 rounds without having so many light primer strikes that it became frustrating. Today it functioned like and At-15 should. I hope everyone has the same luck with Franklin Armory that I did this time. I really do appreciate customer service for this repair.
Great news, happy for you man.