Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2017, 11:17 PM
Hobbiest

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Almost a perfect day.

Took the 452 out for the first time hunting. Just used it casual target till now. Two shots-two kills in the first 2 hrs or so. Didn't see anything after that for awile so moved and waited. After awile I heard one chewing on a nut in a tree so waited around and with about 10 min of good shooting left he started up the tree. Im about 20 yrds out and he's 30 feet or so up one of the biggest trees around. He stops so I take aim ,pull slowly and CLICK. 100s of rounds through the gun and I get my first dud of the year. By the time I chamber another he's almost to the top. Higher than the distance I am to the tree. Knowing Im loosing light and wont get another shot I rushed it and with my body contorted cause he was so high and I was using a standing bipod I flubbed it. Total miss. Had him dead to rights on the first shot but thats my luck.

That being said the gun with the grand slam 3-12 that natchez had on sale is awesome in the woods out to 50 yrds. Love the setup. Was using sk standard.

Last edited by Hobbiest; 01-18-2017 at 11:19 PM.